XXXIII - The Encounter of the enemies.

"Main jo jee raha hoon
Wajah tum ho..
Wajah tum ho.."
[I am living somehow
Its reason is only you
Reason is only you.]

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 33 |••

Eleana:

I changed into my casual shalwar suit. [Dress for women in subcontinent.] It had been a long time since I last wore typical punjabi clothes. Adjusting the dupatta [scarf] on my neck, I went to join the others on the dining table. There were only eleven of us so we occupied only a small portion at one corner of the dining table. The food was served and it was pure Rajhistani food. There was Rajasthani Curry. It was not a normal one. It was comparatively more spicy and pungent one as compared to the punjabi one. I tried it with some rice. It was heavenly. I had missed Indian food like anything. Food was the first and true love. I wanted to try all the delicious looking and mouth watering dishes so I took each of them in little amounts. Next I tried what was called as Dal Bati Churma. I dipped the round batis in ghee with punchkuti daal and Churma. It was the most appetizing combination that I had ever tasted. After everyone was done eating and relishing the mouth watering dishes, it was time for the dessert. The butler brought badaam [Almond] ka halwa for the dessert. It was made with dry fruits, suji, sugar and ghee. It melted on my tongue as soon as I took the first bite and it was so tasty that it could make anyone swoon over it. After the dinner, we talked for a while about the wedding and the preparations.

"Yar Kabir, adjust us all in a single room or two rooms." I was waiting to talk about this.

"When the guests arrive tonight, we would be splitting into two. The bride's side and the groom's side. You decide yourself where do you want to go?" Kabir asked.

"I am at the groom's side officially but it doesn't mean that I won't support Naina. I'll be with her every time as well." I answered.

"What a diplomat!" Kabir smirked.

It was decided that Aryan, I, Ricky, Alia and Obi would be at the groom's side. Whereas Ashar, Khirad, Varun, Shraddha and Maya would be at the bride's side. Kabir and Naina's parents and their guests were arriving today late at night. We sat in the living room and decided to watch a movie on the plasma screen. The guys were confused between Mechanic Resurrection and The Sucide Squad. We decided to go with the Sucide squad. Kabir played the movie and settled down on the floor cushions below. The guys occupied the cushions while the girls settled on the couches. I slouched in my place pulling the comforter over me because I was feeling kind of cold again. I must have gotten temperature again. There was no space left for Aryan except for the one a few inches away from me. Ricky moved to a side to give Aryan some space and he sat there. He was so near to me yet so far away. I wanted to feel him closer. I was craving for him for just once. I wanted to melt in his warmth that was radiating off his body. I wanted to feel safe and comfortable just once.

Was that too much to ask for?

The movie started. It was half way through when I felt Aryan grabbing my wrist. I was stunned. I couldn't move. My breath hitched in my throat. I looked down at him only to find that he was sleeping peacefully. I sighed in relief and let out the breath that I was holding. Ricky mouthed an "Awe" to me batting his eyelashes and I slapped his head with my other hand. Aryan shifted in his position to get himself comfortable and placed his head on my wrist while still holding it. He had a beautiful and heart breaking smile on his face. My heart melted seeing him like that. I moved my hand through his silky smooth brown streaked locks. I had missed doing this too. I used to do this all the time before. The whole time till the movie ended, I stayed in the same position. My whole body was sore because of that but it was worth it. At least he was near me. Even though he was sleeping but at least I was able to feel his presence close to me. After the movie ended, Ricky nudged his shoulder. He let go off my wrist without realising that he had been holding it all the while. The cars honked outside soon after, marking the arrival of the guests. We greeted Kabir and Naina's parents and other relatives and cousins. We were proceeding towards our room when Kabir was surrounded by his cousins and Naina was surrounded by her cousins. One of Kabir's cousins came with us.