X - Let's go to the Prom.

"Udein, khule aasaman mein khwabon ke parindey
Udein, dil ke jahaan main khaabon ke parinday."
[In the open sky, fly the birds of dreams. In the land of heart fly the bird of dreams.]

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 10 |••

Finally the day for which the guys and girls had been waiting  desperately for, arrived. The girls decided to spend the last two days in shopping. Khirad wasn't interested in it because she had a lot if dresses untouched but the girls didn't budge. They wanted her to look her beautiful best. Only if she knew what was going on behind her back. The girls forcefully made her buy a beautiful shiny gilded gown. They shopped all day long choosing their dresses and the complimentary accessories and not to forget the amazing high heels. Everybody wanted to look beautiful and different from one another. Similar was the case with boys however, they got done with shopping within an hour or two, because guys always wear suits. What else duh? They didn't need much time to get ready and shop. So instead of shopping, they went to the bowling alley and had a lot of fun there. Then they altogether went to cinema to watch "Spiderman vs Batman". They were independent of the girls and so they took full advantage of the golden chance to watch some action stuff. After enjoying the movie, they went to Pizza hut and ordered 3 large pizzas, some french fries and chilled cokes. They ate like pigs. The six of them which included Ashar, Kabir, Aryan, Varun, Osman and Ricky ate the whole three pizzas. Bachelor Guys on a day out and not going for clubbing was something impossible. So they went to a club, got drunk and danced their asses off all night long.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

It was 10:00 am in the morning when Alia's phone started ringing with the most annoying alarm tone ever on Earth. The tone had waken up all the girls except Alia herself. They all were laying on their respective mattresses and waiting for someone to get up and turn off the alarm as if someone from outside would come and turn it off. Groaning and stumbling on her feet, Maya got up and punched Alia's phone which caused it to shut up. Then, they all went to sleep again.
It was not before 12:00 pm in the noon that Eleana's phone rang and this time, all of them woke up. Alia glanced at her phone which had been snoozed so many times.

"Why didn't you guys wake me up? I set the alarm for 10?" She complained.

"It started ringing at dawn and none of us had the energy to get up and wake you up." Shraddha nonchalantly answered, exaggerating a bit while yawning and stretching out.

"What? Now how am I supposed to get ready for the prom? There's so less time." She whined like a child and all the girls rolled their eyes at her dramatic antics. Since, all of them were staying at Shraddha's dorm room, so she got up and brought some breakfast for her friends which consisted of donuts and orange juices. Then, all of them took out their clothes, shoes and accessories. They placed their make up stuff on the vanity table and plugged their cell phones in the sockets to get them fully charged for the night. They put their curling wand and hair straighteners to heat up and chatted excitedly for the coming night.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

It was as late as 2:00 pm in the noon when Ashar's phone rang with Maa ka Phone [Mother's call] alarm tone. Groaning, he turned off the alarm and placed the pillow over his head trying to get back to his precious sleep. They were all hell tired because of t
last night. Twisting and turning, he suddenly jerked up remembering the day. The day when his life would take a turn, either a beautiful one or an ugly one. He didn't know. He got up and looked around the animals sleeping all around the room. Varun was sprawled out on the couch with his one leg down and one hand on Osman's mouth who was laying on the floor mattress below him. Perpendicular to Osman were Kabir, Aryan and Ricky who were sleeping like the mattress was the only place left in the room, one over the other.