XXIX - ARENA was no more.

"Kab se adhuri hai ik daastaan
Aaja usey aaj anjaam dein
Tumhe bhuloon kaise main
Meri pehli khata tum ho."

[There's an incomplete story for long time.
Come let's complete it today

How should I forget you
My first mistake is you.]

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 29 |••

Playlist: Dil Karay - Ho Mann Jahan.

Aryan:

I felt a wave of emotions pass through me but none of them were of happiness of seeing my Eleana back. It was pain. It was anger. It was frustration and it was betrayal and hurt. It was nothing like what I had imagined it to be a few years back. I had thought that I would scold her, I would punish her for leaving so abruptly, I would get angry at her, I would scream at her and take out all my frustration and vent up and anger of years on her and eventually hug her so tight, never allowing her to leave me again. I had thought that I would pour out my heart all at once. But nothing seemed to happen like that. In fact, I didn't even want to face her again, let alone talk to her. My inability to control my temper and rising anger from the past few years was no help either. She was taking slow steps in our direction. She had not yet spotted us here.

"Is that why you wanted me to come here?" I hissed at Kabir who was standing beside me.

"What are you talking about?" He asked, baffled at my sudden change of emotions. My muscles tensed under his gaze.

"You knew she was coming. Didn't you?" I asked, a feeling of betrayal blowing past me. I was hurt more than words could ever describe. I had made myself busy in work and I didn't want to fall in love again because when I did, I got this. I was here today because of my mistake of loving someone so purely and with all my heart.

"Who? Eleana? Has she arrived yet? Where's she?" He asked as his eyes frantically roamed around. Apparently, he had not seen her yet but I could have spotted that face in a hundred billion people. That face that once bloomed for me. That was once my sunshine, my every dawn awakening and my every midnight sight.

"Elly!" He shouted and waved his arm in her direction.

Our eyes briefly met for a second and I felt a muscle twitch inside my heart. I suddenly had the urge to stay rooted at my place but I couldn't do it anymore. I was not strong enough anymore. Maybe I would be strong enough in an year or two but not now, for sure. I stormed out of the airport lounge. I didn't want to be here. I didn't belong here now. I rushed out to my car. Igniting the engine, I sped off, not knowing where I was going.

Eleana:

I dragged the luggage trolley forward through the arriving terminal and the wind swept past me. The wind of my native land. It felt so fresh and lively to be back here. I relished every step that I took forward, feeling overjoyed to see the long lost friends bonding again around me. I spotted a young couple embracing each other as if their life was dependant on it. I imagined Aryan and myself like that. How warm he used to feel. I suddenly wanted to be wrapped in his arms, feeling safe and secure away from everyone. I had yearned for them for all these years. I didn't have thr patience to wait for any longer. I stood there for a while and my eyes roamed around searching for some familiar faces. Suddenly, I heard someone shouting my name. My eyes quickly darted in that direction from where the voice was coming. I spotted Kabir shouting my name and waving at me. Just beside Kabir, stood the man of my life. He had grown into a insanely and ridiculously handsome young man, very mature, intellectual and sensible. I began to drink in his appearance and satisfy my thirst of all these years that had felt like an entire life time. My eyes were glued to him like someone would punish me if I looked away for even a split second. Our eyes met for only a nanosecond when I saw the change in his expressions and the very next instant, he was gone! Just like that! I didn't know where but it was surely because of me. I felt my insides breaking once again. My heart shattered into millions of tiny pieces. It felt like somebody was sucking all the air out of my lungs. My tissues began to constrict inside my body.
I should've mentally prepared myself for this. I stood rooted at my place as some fresh tears began to pour out. They were of mixed emotions. The pleasure of getting a chance to see my people once again and the pain of losing my Aryan. He was not my Aryan anymore. This was what I wanted. Right? Then why did it hurt so much?  Maybe because I still fell for him every day. Maybe because I still loved him dearly, with all my heart, with all my soul. But now I knew how it felt not to be loved back by the one you loved. It hurt like hell. Even though our eyes only met for a brief second, his eyes held a billion of untold tales. They asked a few innocent and unanswered questions which only I could answer. They showed hundreds of tears that were left unshed and a strong feeling of hurt and betrayal by someone none other than myself. Soon, I was engulfed into a choking hug by each one of my friends. I smiled through happy tears. After they were done greeting and embracing me. They started pouring in their questions. I was barely listening to them and answering occasionally when all I wanted to do was to run and look for him, find him and hug him tightly. I had missed him a lot and I wasn't going anywhere without fixing everything with him. I had made a little deal with God not to call me before I make everything right because now I was completely uncertain.