XXVIII - We meet again.

"Whatever our souls are
made of. I am sure his and
mine are the same."

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 28 |••

Playlist: Bewajah - Nabeel Shaukat Ali.

Aryan:

"Wh--What's wrong?" I was too afraid to ask this question but somehow gathered the courage to ask it. I didn't know if I would be able to hear and tolerate the answer but I still wanted to hear that to prove my conscience wrong. 

"Aru, Dadi! [Grandma]" Mom sobbed.

"What? What happened to Dadi?" I spoke quickly.

"Dadi [Grandma] is no more!" Dad spoke, burying his face in his hands and I felt as if the ground slipped away from my feet.

"No. You're lying. She was here, all hale and hearty last week. You're joking. It's not even possible. What kind of sick joke is that?" I asked trying to digest the information but my mind was not able to accept it.

"Aryan, she's gone!" Mom spoke and I broke down into tears.

Out of all the people, I was the closest to my grandmother. She was my second best friend. I shared everything with her and she always gave me the best advice. She was the one who made me realise that Eleana was the one for me. I could easily share anything with her. I was more comfortable in sharing my problems with her than my parents. I knew she would never judge me, rather she would guide me and prevent me from hitting the axe on my own feet myself, prevent me from falling. She made me learn to fly. She was the one who nurtured my wings. And now she was gone? All of a sudden? Forever? No. This was not possible.

"Mom, please tell me it's just a joke!" I pleaded her. She shook her head at me and hugged me tightly, crying on my chest.

Dadi! [Grandma] Who will now ask me to bring them snacks just like you did? Who will now tell me not to stress too much? Who will tell me now to do what I wanted to do and just be myself? Who would care for me and pray for my safety everyday? Who will be my partner when my parents would be busy in a boring business talk? Who would console me and give me hope every time I would be depressed? Who will ruin my hairstyle and make them all Nerdy? Who will always kiss my forehead before leaving for anywhere? Who will ask me to teach her how to use the phone? Who will do this all. No one! I was all alone now. I lost both my best friends. One had left me for good without any contact. And the other one had gone far far away, forever. She would never come back. Never!

I let out a sigh and ran to my room. I bolted the door and leaned with my back against the door. My heart was beating really fast. It seemed impossible to believe it. Tears prickled my eyelids and I was close to breaking down once again.

Dadi! Where are you? Help me please! Take me out of these tangled thoughts. I need you.

Mom came to my room and took out my white Kurta and trousers from the cupboard.

"I am not going anywhere!" I spoke, fuming with anger. She didn't look at me even once and went back silently, just like a dead person. Unwillingly, I put on the clothes and went downstairs to find all of my friends gathered there, looking sorry.

"I don't need any sympathies! Go away!" I shouted at them.

I didn't know why I was doing this but it felt right this way. I needed to be alone. We left for Chachu's [uncle's] house where Dadi [Grandma] was staying. The car halted in front of the main door. The door was open and people were gathered all around. My breath hitched in my throat. I couldn't do this. I couldn't face this. Chachu [Uncle] came towards Dad and hugged him, crying on his shoulder. I was numb all the while. I couldn't figure out what was happening all of a sudden. Varun, Kabir, Obi and Ricky were beside me. They tried to drag me inside but I stood rooted on the ground. In no way, I could do this.
Nevertheless, they dragged me inside and I saw the lifeless body of the person dearest to me. I dropped on my knees beside her and cried my heart out. It was because of two reasons. My heart was completely torn. It seemed like somebody had entered and broken every chamber, every vein and every artery of my heart. Varun and Obi helped me get back on my feet. All of them hugged me one by one but I couldn't feel anything. It seemed like I was lifeless too as if my life had no purpose at all.
After all the rituals came to an end, I came to know the reason of her demise and that was Brain Haemorrhage. I was completely shattered and broken. I didn't want to live anymore. There was absolutely no reason. I rudely made my way out and ignited the engine of the car, roaming around the highway in full speed. I didn't care what the consequences would be but at least my frustration was coming out. I felt much light. I could hear the engine roaring to life. One wrong step and everything would end just here, right here. After I calmed down a bit, I went back. All my friends were still there. They were sitting beside my Mom and Dad and trying to console them and expressing their heartfelt condolences. They were doing more than they were supposed to but I couldn't care any less. The Aryan Khan was gone now. No more was I the old, passionate and full of life Aryan.