XLVI - Stop me.

"All the nights seem upset.
All the days are colourless.
There is immense loneliness.
There is immense solitude.
And I am here spending every moment without a trace of love."

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 46 |••

Eleana:

Aena Aunty looked the most terrified out of us all. She was about to cry when he gave her a lopsided smile and brought her hands to his lips. He planted a soft kiss on her hands and looked at her guiltily.
"I am sorry, Mom!"

She stared at him for a while and them quickly engulfed him in a hug. Everybody was again cheerful to see him jolly and happy once again. Soon after, everybody else left the room to bring him some food and everything else that he needed. The doctor had advised him to take some more rest too. His eyes finally landed on me as soon as the crowd around him dispersed and his smile suddenly faded. His eyes turned blank. His expressions were hard to decipher. He gestured me to come near him with a pained look in his eyes and looked at me with his scrutinising gaze as if studying me. He reached out for my hand. He clasped his fingers in mine, fitting them together perfectly and not leaving a single gap. He squeezed it tightly before bringing it close to his chest. He sighed helplessly as if he were tired of everything.

"Please, don't go na!" He broke the painful and eerie silence. His voice croaked and soon enough tears cascaded by the sides of his head again. "Ena, please don't leave me. I can't live without you. Believe me."

I cried with him. "I don't want to." I whimpered helplessly.

When he had learnt about my flight a few days ago, he had said one thing. "I wish I had the power to stop you." And he had all the power to stop me. He stopped me from going back. How could have I gone when he was here waiting for me? I wanted to tell him that he had the power to stop me. And I wish he had the power to stop me from going away from him.

Soon everybody entered the room, bringing in his food and stuff. I quickly went out to hide my tears from them and frantically wiped them away.

"Elly, what's wrong? Hey Elly, look at me. Hey!" Varun whispered softly as I ignored him on the way out and turned my back to him. He turned me around and held me by my shoulders. He had followed me out noticing the redness in my eyes. He held my face in his hands. He brushed away the locks of my hair falling in front of my face and wiped away my tears with his thumb from underneath my eyes.

"Elly, tell me, what's wrong?" He asked in a mere whisper.

"Everything is wrong Varun. Everything!" I yelled at him. I couldn't take it anymore nor keep it inside me for a very long time. He looked shocked at my sudden outburst. He tried to speak something but no words came out of his mouth. He tried to reach for me but then pulled his hand back, curling his fingers back into a fist.

"I am dying. I am leaving all of you guys forever. I am going to die and there's no coming back after that." I yelled at him, unable to keep my tears at bay. His hands dropped to his sides and he looked at me, stunned. He was shocked would be an understatement. I cried as I slumped down on the tiled floor with my back against the concrete wall. The smell of chlorine was filling my flared up nostrils and I could feel drools forming inside my mouth due to the hysterical crying. I could never come to terms with my life coming to an end so soon and among everyone else.

"W-wh-What are You -Sa-Saying?" He stuttered with horrified expressions on his face.

"I am telling the truth Varun. Do you think I left everything and everyone so suddenly without any reason? Do you think Aryan encountered the accident without any reason? No, he was coming for me. He had left me after I told him about myself and my pathetic condition. He must have changed his mind and was coming for me when he encountered with that horrible accident. I am a bad omen for everyone. It's better if I die." I enlightened him.