XXXII - Sight Seeing.

"Mere saaye hain saath mein
Yaara jis jagah tum ho."
[My shadow is with you
Dear where you are.]

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 32 |••

Eleana:

Karthik was standing at the door, right in front of my eyes, face to face. I was totally not in my senses anymore. Here I was fixing everything and I encountered with one more problem on the way.

"Heya, fancy seeing you here!" He smirked at me. I wanted to slap that smirk off his face.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I whisper yelled at him. The hall way was empty so the voice was echoing throughout the corridor.

"Seems like you didn't like my presence here." He said as he entered my room and plopped down on the bed. "Well, unfortunately for you and fortunately for me, I happen to be the bride's cousin." He smirked at me in the deadliest possible way.

"Karthik, please I am already in a lot of trouble. Please don't create anymore problems for me. Please let me fix everything. I don't want to go back with the burden on my shoulders. Please let me do it." I begged him as my voice croaked. I was ready to break down any moment.

"Eleana, that's why I am here. I don't want you in any trouble because I love you!"

"What rubbish?" I shouted at him, disgusted by him. I felt uncomfortable and insecure under his gaze. I wanted to run away. "I don't love you. I don't even like you in that kind of a way. I don't know from where you got this signal but you're totally wrong."

"It's not rubbish, my darling. I love you a lot. Isn't it enough proof that I am ready to accept you even after knowing your truth?" He asked.

"Karthik please, can you leave me alone? It would be very kind of you. I'll deal with you in the morning." I requested him.

"Okay, as you wish baby!" He said and went out. At the same time, I saw Aryan coming this way. He saw Karthik leaving my room and it was the time that I wanted to die right away. He would get wrong ideas and God knew what he would be thinking of me.

"Wow." He whispered more to himself as he passed by me. His voice passed like a sword through my ribs. I wanted the sky to fall on the earth or the earth to tear apart and engulf me. My best friend was thinking wrong of me. Could anything be worse than this? I closed the door and fell on my knees. I broke down. I didn't know what to do, I just broke down. My life was at the most difficult phase. I wanted ease and comfort. Crying my heart out, I complained about each and everything that I was facing. After I felt light, I went to the terrace and sat on the stairs. Cool breeze was blowing and somehow comforting me. I wore my hoodie and sat there. I felt someone sitting beside me. My heartbeat fastened. I was literally scared. As I looked up, I found out it was Ricky. I sighed in relief and put my head down in my lap again. He side hugged me and whispered.

"I know why were you crying!"

I looked at him with questioning eyes and then I understood that he was talking about the bus ride.

"Don't worry Elly. Everything is gonna be alright. He'll come round eventually. He's your best friend yaar!" He spoke as he squeezed me lightly.

"No Ricky! You don't understand my inner turmoil. It's so much more than it seems to be. It's not something that can be sorted out within minutes." I spoke as my voice croaked and I again began to cry.

"Shush! Elly please don't cry!"

"It's the only thing I can do to comfort myself. Can I not even cry for him? Do you realise how much I miss him? Do you know he hasn't even said a "Hi" to me since I came here. Everytime I try to go near him, he takes more steps back. He doesn't want to look at me even. He looks at me as if I disgust him. It hurts me a lot when I remember that he used to be my soul mate, my best friend. He used to understand me more than I was ever able to understand myself. It hurts me a lot. He is so cold, he has turned so rude to everyone just because of me. He is so distant with everyone and specially me when all I want to do is to hug him tightly and drown in his warmth. He hates me. He hates my guts. He hates my presence here and he should. I am worth it!" I cried.