XXXIV - Wedding Preparations.

"Dil keh raha hai gunehgaar ban ja
Bada chain hai inn gunaahon se aage
Main gumshuda si raat hoon
Meri khushnuma subah tum ho."

[Heart is telling to be criminal

There are many rests after these offences
I am like unknown night
My pleasing morning is you.]

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 34 |••

Eleana:

I didn't want the sun to rise today. I didn't want to wake up today. I wished that I slept and never woke up again. I would be breaking Aryan more than ever today. Everybody had left the room and I pretended to sleep. Suddenly Karthik entered the room.

"Are you ready baby?" He smirked. I cringed internally. I wanted to scratch his face. I wanted to claw off his eyes or even murder him. Groaning and cursing him with all the curses I could remember, I got up and went to the washroom. We proceeded towards the dining room. Everybody was sitting there already. Aryan's head snapped up as he saw Karthik entering beside me. His neck vein could be seen throbbing and his hands fisted. He was gritting his teeth and biting his lips again and again to keep himself calm. I looked away. It was too painful for me. I took a seat beside Varun as Karthik settled on my left. After having breakfast, Karthik clinked his glass.

"Guys I have an announcement to make." He stood up. "Actually, we have an announcement." He said as he grabbed my hand and made me stand awkwardly next to him.

Aryan's eyes were on fire. His gaze was fixed on our clasped hands but he was keeping his calm. I didn't want him to keep his calm. I wanted him to react, to show his anger, to show his emotions, to rip my hand apart from his but he didn't do anything.

"We're in a relationship! We are planning to get engaged soon!"

My heart forgot to breath. My hands were fisted at my side as I bit my lips to hold back my tears. All heads snapped in his direction. I just kept gazing at my feet as the tears trickled down my cheeks. I couldn't see the condition that Aryan was in. Ricky gasped and cursed himself under his breath. I heard some curses from Varun's mouth too. Naina looked incredulous.

"How did this happen?" She asked in surprise. "Weren't you and Aryan..."

I couldn't take it anymore. I was not this much coward.

"Shut up. Just shut up." I interrupted her while crying and ran outside towards the garden. I didn't know what was I doing. I didn't know where I was going. Why for once I couldn't gather the courage to face the reality? Why reality slapped me hard every damn time? I stood there facing the fountain. I felt someone tapping my shoulder. I turned around and saw Geet.

"Come with me!" She dragged me with her to the secluded portion of the the last terrace.

"Tell me everything. I saw you crying. I know this is not your decision. Why are you being so weak? It's not you Eleana. It's not you." She spoke shaking me by my shoulders.

"Karthik is blackmailing me." And I began explaining her the whole story about him forcing me excluding the details of my disease.

"Tu bilkul tension na le. No tension when Geet is here. Us Ullu k patthey ko main bataun gi. Geet se panga is not changa." [Don't take any tension when Geet is here with you. I will teach that son of a bitch a lesson. Crossing paths with Geet will not do any good.] She said while muttering some curses under her breath. After I calmed down a bit, she dragged me along with her to our room. All my friends were already there. We were standing in the room preparing for today's day. We would spend the day at home preparing for the Haldi and Sangeet ceremony tomorrow. Karthik entered just then.