XLIII - Stopping her.

"Dil juray bina hi Tut Gye,
Hath mile bina hi chut Gye.
Ki likha Hai kismat main?"

[The bonds between the hearts broke before they could join.
The hands got seperated even before they met.
What has been written in the destiny?]

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 43 |••

Eleana:

"Because, I have cancer." I spoke with my heartbeat racing at an unimaginable speed. The truth, which he wanted to know but I was not willing to tell him, was finally out in front of him. I could feel his entire body responding to what I had just uttered. His hold on my arms stiffened. His soft hands turned hard as rocks. His loving gaze turned hollow, his eyes turned a darker shade of black as he numbed in front of me. He stiffened, his face went blank and devoid of any emotion. As he began to process my words, he began to shake his head fervently. He retreated his arms back and placed them over his mouth. He took dangerously slow steps backward as he continued to stare at the empty space behind me.

"No!" He yelled loud enough to wake up the birds nestling in the trees there, loud enough to cause the cool and calm waves of water to splash.

"No, No, No, No....No!" He cried bitterly as if he was unable to imagine the consequences of where this led to. "This cannot be happening." He spoke again as if he was trying to convince himself. I stood there with my tears cascading down shamelessly and disappearing in the sand below my feet. He was there with me but he was not there to wipe away my tears and hold me. He was shattering beside me, the same way as I was for years.

"No, You're lying!" He accused me and continued to rant, still not believing my words. I stepped forward, trying to get closer to him.

"Aryan!" I shook him, holding his arms tightly in my hands.

"Look at me!" I ordered as he was no longer paying attention to see if I was still there. It seemed like he was lost somewhere suddenly. He didn't want to believe it. Everything had disappeared in his sight as I took in his blank expressions but his lips quivered and repeated the same words over and over again.

"No, No!" He shook his head. He ran his hands over his face and through his hair frantically, like he was just about to break down and shatter like the tiny pieces of glass. I saw him melting like a candle in front of my eyes. He was slowly losing his senses.

"Aryan!" I called out firmly and cupped his face in my small hands. At first he rebelled to my touch and tried to back away as if I was burning him but when he realised what was happening to him and his life,
he stilled and whimpered like a small child who had lost something precious. He kept gazing at the ground beneath his feet, not able to meet my eyes.

"Aryan, look at me!" I pleaded him again, my own voice croaking and betraying me. He looked up and I took in the heartbreaking sight of his once beautiful and soul-capturing eyes. His eyes were now all glassy, puffy and blood shot losing their charm and attraction within seconds.

"Please tell me Ena that you're lying!
.
I-I won't stop you. You can go but-but please don't do this to me."

He cried trying to find the right  words and some air to breath as the tears rolled down his cheeks. "Please Ena. Please!" He pleaded helplessly.

"No Aryan, This is the truth and that's why I was telling you to stay away. Don't get emotionally attached to me!" I spoke each word slowly and calmly, holding his face in my palms and looking into his eyes, trying to make him process the new information as a parent told their child to stay away from the fire because it would burn them. The same was the case with Aryan and I. I was the fire in this case and he was playing with it. In the end, only he would be hurt and that was why I was preventing him from the very first day. I could bear anything and everything but not the sight of my loved one breaking because he was supposed to be the strongest man in my world. As I told him this over and over again, he finally began to understand the importance and truthfulness of my words. His expressions changed from soft, vulnerable and pleading to hard, rigid and stiff. He seemed unaffected by my touch. His eyes no longer held the pain. He was losing his mind. He couldn't come to the terms. He was breaking inside, his eyes were on fire. He removed my hands from his face and tightly held my wrists in his hands. He jerked them away.