XLVIII - My Personal Augustus Waters.

Start from the beginning

"Ena." He sighed exasperatedly.
He pulled me back so that I was facing him. He cupped my cheeks in his hand before whispering those three magical words. "Okay, Just One!"

"Yay!" I squealed like a child and wrapped my arms around his neck. He brought me one of the chocolates and I savoured every bit of it.

"Thankyou so much. I love you so much!" I spoke playfully.

"Yeah Yeah. I know." He spoke.

After I was done eating, I called him. "Let's go to the children's ward?" I proposed.

"Okay!" He agreed and helped me put on my sneakers. We walked together to the children ward and as soon as we entered all the kids squealed together in excitement. "Ena Dee!"

"Wow! I am hurt. As soon as Ena Dee came, all of you forgot me." Aryan faked hurt. All the children giggled.

"Of course, we luv you Dr. A-yan!" Ishu spoke.

He quickly went towards her and hugged her. He kissed her cheeks and she did the same.

"Did my Ishu take medicines today?" He asked. She shook her head.

"Oh No, why?" He asked.

"She wasn't allowing us to give her the medications. She said she wants Ena Dee." The nurse spoke on her behalf. I giggled at Ishu and she smiled slyly at me. I told the nurse to bring her medications. First of all it was time for her vaccination. Aryan engaged her in her favourite discussion topic as I did my work on her.

"Come on, Ishu baby, open your mouth!" I spoke to her as I poured her syrup in the spoon. She immediately opened her mouth and I gave her the medicines.

"Did she have fever today?" Aryan asked the nurse.

"No!" She replied.

"Well, that's a very positive sign." He smiled at Ishu who was busy in playing "Rock, Paper, Scissor" with me. The rest of the children who were interested in playing also gathered around us. We played with them for some time. They mixed very well with us.

"Sister Tina, please bring Ishu's reports." Aryan asked one of the nurses.

"Right Sir!" She spoke and searched for her file. He rummaged through her reports before freaking out.

"Who the hell has given her this much high dosage?" He shouted.

The children looked scared and so did Ishu. She snuggled into me and I wrapped my arms around her tiny body. Aryan realised his mistake and looked disappointed.

"Sister Tina, I am asking you something? Who was attending her all these days? Do you know how much high potency medicines she is being given from the last two days?" He asked through gritted teeth but his voice was dangerously low as he didn't want to scare the children anymore.

"S-Sirr!" She stammered.

"Answer me!" He yelled at her, glaring.

"I don't know sir!" She replied.

"You don't know? What kind of nurse are you? You can't take care of your patients? I will get you fired." He spoke.

"Sir please. I am not giving her those medicines." She spoke helplessly. The other nurses were not present there. I was really upset at the sudden change of the mood. I squeezed his arm and comforted him to calm down.

"Here, let me see!" I grabbed the sheet from his hand. I was shocked. It was a very high potency medicine that was not at all recommended for children under age 4. I looked at Ishu and she was still very scared. She was trying to hide in me and I had my arms wrapped around her.