CHAPTER 37

Drews POV

When I saw her my chest constricted and my heart fluttered just as much as it did the first time I lay my eyes on her. The way her golden locks fell perfectly around her oval face, framing it perfectly, and her lips always pouted.  The prettiest shade of pink covered them making them so irresistible and oh lord is the wait killing me. Ever step she took she got closer to me, her unmissable presence surrounded me and all I saw was her and her grand smile that lit the opening up. The rays of light escaped through the leaves in the trees and made her glow a warmth emitting from her.  Boy did she have me in the palm of her hand. I was wrapped around her finger, whipped as my friends call it.

Her mother smiled looking at her from the side and ever so slightly pushed her towards me when she got to the end of the made up aisle. And this was the moment I had been waiting for ever since I realised she was the one for me.

After everything, we had been through... The past few years had been rough with us from Ellie passing to her reuniting with her family and telling them what had happened. Lynn has been through hell and back and I'm so glad she came back stronger than ever. She got over so much in the past few years and I'm so happy to be here standing to wait for her to become my partner for life.

Lynns POV

My hands were clammy and my body was shaking but I couldn't be more excited. The amount of adoration and happiness that filtered through my body when my eyes met his own made me shiver it all seemed so surreal. I was here with the love of my life that has been there with me through thick and thin. His caring manners shocked me at first; who would've thought the schools bad boy could be such a sweetheart. My Drew.

His heart of gold was hidden to everyone but me and I was so grateful to have his beautiful soul in my life. Over the years I've watched him take care of Tristan as she grew up to be the beautiful 10 year old she is now and oh how she reminds me of Ellie. Every day is a fight but I push through knowing I have loved ones here for me. 

I started to go to therapy after Ellie's funeral, I had a moment of realisation that I couldn't let my mother down, with me being the last child I had to be there and make my mother proud. On the fourth session I broke down with guilt and the therapist showed me that none of what happened was my fault. It was all his. He decided on the plan, he chose to pull the trigger, it was all him. That was one of the hardest days of my life and I went home and hugged my mum for hours. We had gotten so much closer and I couldn't respect any other women more than the one who was walking me down the aisle right now. My father had been sentenced to life in prison, no one visited him. He was rotting away in a cell like he should've done the first time he hit my mother. The fear that caged my mum and I in was opened knowing he could never hurt us again, he wasn't getting out of prison ever.

My mum gave me a nudge forward reminding me to pick up my pace and stand next to Drew so we can get married. Talk about finally. After spending year after year with him, going to university together, moving into a place we now call home and finding out that I was carrying our future child, he finally asked me the question I had been dying to hear. His eyes had a shine to them, the dark irises had swirls of honey in them that lit up whenever he looked at me, making him even more beautiful than he always has been in my eyes. And everybody else's; he's irresistible. His smile was bigger than ever and comforted me through this lovely yet nerve-wracking event. When my mother let me go at the end of the aisle and Drews' hand held mine serenity ran through me warming my cold feet. This was it.

My heartbeat quickened with every word the pastor spoke knowing we were getting closer and closer to marriage. But despite this giant leap we were taking at such a young age when I looked at Drews concentrated face I knew it was the right thing to do. He focused on what the pastor was saying a small crease formed between his eyebrows whilst he furrowed them and listened to the passage that seemed to be taking hours. Staring at his beautiful face I knew it was time to say my vows and get this over with so we could live our "happily ever after".

"Drew Johnson. Ever since the first day I met you I knew you were extraordinary. A mystery waiting to be solved, and I'm so glad you let me solve you because without you in my life I'd be nothing. You kept me up high at my lowest points. You are the light at the end of my tunnel and I am the luckiest girl to be standing here with you today. Without you I wouldn't be here, you make me, me. From the first time, you told me you loved me I made a promise to myself to never let you go. You're pure, you're kind and you're caring. Your heart of gold shines as bright as the sun and your presence brightens my mood instantaneously. I promise you the rest of my life and as long you want me by your side I'll be there for you. Forever Drew Johnson..."

His eyes watered and the grip of my hands tightened he tugged me a step closer and rested his forehead on my own; a silent promise made to stay by one another for the rest of our lives. No matter what. 

THE END