CHAPTER 20

Lynn's POV

Sometimes the hardest thing in your life is saying goodbye to someone you love, which in these circumstances I had to do. I didn't even get to say goodbye properly before my father took me away from Drew. At least I got some moments with him before my father took me, at least I'd have that memory to hold onto for the rest of my pathetic sad life.

You promised you'd protect me, Drew, why aren't you here with me. I don't even know if you're alive anymore. My eyes fill with tears as the thought of Drew not breathing anymore. How could Christina just let him go like that! I had heard stories of people who were in comas for years and finally woken up. But Drew didn't. He's probably already left the hospital. I can't say goodbye to the one person I love more than life itself. It seems to be one thing after another in my life, first Drew is gone and now my father has gotten hold of me again. Will the cycle ever end? Please if there is anyone watching over me... Let me go. I don't think I can handle my Dad after the period of time I got to experience pure happiness. No worries about my dad, nothing but dreams ahead of a happy and pain-free life.

Drew's POV

How did they even find her! I've been with her this whole time! This is all my fault I should've woken up earlier, tried harder. But it was impossible. All I could do was listen to Lynn lose herself over my accident and get taken away. But I'm not letting him get away with it. I started rummaging through the cupboards in my hospital room until I found my clothes. They smelt clean but I could still see the slight red stains on it. Was this my blood? I didn't care in that moment and stripped out of my hospital gown and into my clothes. I needed to get out of here as quickly as possible. I looked to both sides out of my door making sure it was clear before running down the hallway; following the exit sign. I ran straight into a lady. Wait I know this smell, I know this body. Mum!

I looked down at her face, her eyes were wet with tears and they stared wide-eyed at me. She cried of happiness before hugging onto me. I held her just as tight. She needed this. "I thought you were never going to wake up..." She cried into me and laughed with happiness in her heart. "What are you doing out of bed you should be resting!" Her scolding me reminded me of what I needed to do.

"Ma we don't have time I need you to take me home right now I'll explain on the way" I held her hand and started running with even more gusto than before, I was on a mission. I'm going to get her back, but first I need to tell her mum what has happened then figure out a plan.

Don't worry Lynn; I'm coming to get you.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Lynn's POV

"Sir, she's conscious again."

"Thank you for letting me know Gerald." My father's voice flowed from behind the door of my old room. I closed my eyes pretending to be asleep again. "No point tricking me dear, I know when you're faking it. You used to fake it hoping you wouldn't get a beating you filthy," kick. "disgusting," punch. "child," spit. "You know I underestimated your mother-"

"Leave her out of this. Don't go near her or Ellie!"

"Shut up! Do not interrupt me or I'll make this worse than it needs to be. Well... in all honesty, I was going to do that anyway for my own pleasure. But I do believe you're insisting it here; fighting back and all." He crouched next to my weak body on the floor "You and your b*tch of a Mother will pay for leaving me like that, how stupid of you. To think me, Henry Taylor, wouldn't be able to find you?" He laughed in a sinister, an eerie feeling crept up on me. "Do you know how many P.I's and detectives I have? Or how many of my body guards were willing to hunt you down. They're also willing to do a lot more than you'd like but I'll save that for last."

He looked at me straight in the eyes, no remorse in his. No regret or guilt. Nothing but a look of pleasure. How could this be my father? He was supposed to love me and look after me. He's supposed to be there to warn my first date he has a shotgun or something embarrassing like that. But here he is, allowing his workers to use me for their own pleasures and looking down at me as if I'm a fire burning out second after second, becoming dimmer and weaker as time passes; with no one refuelling me. He can get rid of me any second, is it awful that the thought doesn't sound as bad as it seems?

I know Ellie and Mum will be alone but maybe, just maybe, he'll leave them alone in return for my disappearance. As his workers said he'd get more than enough money...

*FLASHBACK*

"Do you really think we'll get a bonus if Boss kills her?"

"What do you think doofus! He can say that his wife and Ellie fled meaning he'd get money for being a single parent and then don't forget all the publicity"

"Like what?"

"Henry Taylor abandoned and left with no one as his eldest child dies tragically. He'd get millions plus all the interviews and news reports that will pay to get anything out of him. It's going to be amazing Scott just you wait!"

"Yeah! We'll be as rich as he is!"

"Don't forget he'll pay us buckets to make sure we keep it a secret!"

"Hahaha, this is easy money."

*FLASHBACK OVER*

How could someone find that amusing? Killing their own daughter for money and publicity? It's a cruel thought, not to forget disturbing and vile. I'm his daughter, not his enemy... I sighed and looked up to see his figure walking away and signalling his workers. Two of them came close to me. With each second I hated this life more and more. I don't know what they were going to do to me, I was going to die, never see my family again. But most importantly I'll never see Drew anymore because he's dead.

And I will soon be too.