CHAPTER 7

Drew's POV

The sun had begun to ascend into the horizon of our small town as I walked out of practice into our school's parking lot. The introduction with Lynn and my friends went well I think, I just wish people stopped with the comments to do with me and girls. I don't want Lynn to get scared and think I'm going to do that to her. I don't think I could do that her. Despite the small fraction of time I've had with her I feel very, protective.  When my friends came into sight  I saw Alex being stopped by Lynn her face hidden behind him as she spoke to him quietly.  I got that stupid jealous feeling in the pit of my stomach again. I heard Lynn say something which sounded a lot like don't do that. What were they talking about?

"Don't do what, Lynn?" I ask Lynn didn't notice my presence and I saw Alex tense up. Lynn pulled away from Alex and looked me straight in my eye, something was wrong I could tell from her appearance. Her mesmerising eyes were bloodshot, the rims of them were bright red and her cheeks were puffy and tear-stained, the foundation she was wearing slightly worn off by it. I took a step towards her "what's wrong Lynn?" Whoever made her this upset is gonna get it. It breaks my heart seeing her like this. Why is she upset?

"Chelsea." Kaitlyn seethed at me pulling away Lynn creating more space between us. Alex put his arm in front of me to stop going up to her "you've done enough already man" It took me a while to understand those words, and then it hit me like a bomb.

"She saw," I mumbled to myself. I caused this pain. My head snapped up and she looked so upset and broken. She walked back; Kaitlyn still pulling her away towards the car they were riding in, no she doesn't... she can't think I would hurt her like that. I've made it evident I cared for her and this is so out of context I wouldn't do something to her. I could never do anything like that to her. I hate seeing her like this! I was supposed to protect her from feeling like this and stop it from ever happening. She probably thinks I'm exactly the same as I was before. Toying with girls constantly and not caring but I'm not. F*ck my life I want her! She's actually a girl I would like to be in a relationship with. She makes me smile and I love it when she gets nervous and bites her lip, or whenever she's confused there will always be that little crease on her forehead because of her frown. And when she's embarrassed or angry she always turns red and pouts. She's just so genuine. She doesn't try to be anyone else but herself and that's what I like about her... but isn't it too fast I mean it should take like a month before we start dating but I've never been like this before! I just don't know what to do.

"Lynn, it wasn't like that I promise please listen to me" I begged, staring at her she looked so scared and upset as she turned around and walked towards the car she turned and glanced at me. I can't lose the first girl in my life to make me feel this way, not like this. Alex moved next to me as I fell to the concrete floor of the car park. I felt tears prick my eyes but I stopped them from spilling.

"Tell me what happened." Alex sat down next to me and patted my back I took a deep breath before explaining what happened

**FLASHBACK**

I changed into a pair of sweatpants and a plain tee. Shit, I left my bottle on the field. Chucking my duffel bag to the side I exited the locker room and ran onto the field, I saw my water bottle in the middle of the field so I picked it up and took a swig. My mother always had to remind me to drink enough water when I played sports when I was younger, I didn't understand the importance of it until I fainted from dehydration. Silly naive me. Someone tapped me on the shoulder and I turned around and saw Chelsea wearing a too-small tank top that might as well be her underwear and a short skirt. Her outfit screamed school sl*t excuse my manners but she's got the same ranking as me when it comes to player ways. Or my old player ways. There's no way I'm going back to that now I know Lynn. Never.