CHAPTER 23

Lynns POV

The ache of being conscious became noticeable as soon as my eyes opened, forcing itself to be felt. My throat was dry as dry as a desert, I need water now. I could barely breathe as the dehydration added to my poor state. It became overwhelming I could feel my heart palpitate even more than the last time I woke up. I have to find a way out before it's too late and before they come back to get more from me. They won't just take my life but now my innocence is at stake. I don't want that to be my last memory, I can't let it be my last memory of life. My dislocated shoulder hung languidly as I sat up trying to stretch what's left of my working muscles. I pushed on my right arm forgetting it was dislocated and screamed in pain. Pain. It all came flooding back all the memories. I know exactly where I am and what is happening. I am back home.

The room was empty despite my fragile body sitting in the centre. The cool air hit me touching the sensitive gashes covering my body, I shivered at the feeling of wind thrashing my flesh. I was locked in my Dads now empty office. Where do I go? The door to my left was the only thing in sight, I have to make it there. The horror of passing out before making it to a door 3 metres away sickened me but with the state, I was in it was a possibility. Digging my knee into the splinter covered wooden boards I pushed my body toward my escape route. Every bone in my body told me to stop the pain pushing me back into unconsciousness.

Abruptly Ellie popped into my thoughts numbing the pain almost immediately. My little sister. I have to do this for her, I can't let er go through what I did with Joe, he can't get to her. Thinking about my loving family I pushed my body to its limits and made it to the rusted door. The brown flakes covering nearly all of the white coating was right in front of me, screaming at me to open it. I lifted my working arm up to turn the lever down, the feeling of hope that I could actually escape this house filled me. The blunt sound of the door hitting a lock made it disappear.  All the hope I had dispersed leaving me helpless and scared. What am I supposed to do now?

"I'm going to go check on my daughter, Cole follow me." his voice sliced through the hushed air. My heart went into full throttle beating endlessly and I scurried back to where I was ignoring the pain I felt. Maybe I'll fall back into unconsciousness, that would be better than facing him, to be frank. I placed my head onto the ground and soon as I hear the lock twist. He was here.

"She's still unconscious? How can this be."

"Sir, you did give her a good run the other night, I'm surprised she didn't die" a young voice replied his voice sounding familiar, persuading me to open my eyes.

"I wish she had it'd make things so much easier for me. Stupid cow, I can't wait to end her pathetic life" A kick to my dislocated shoulder forced me to open my eyes and scream. They know I'm awake now.

"How lovely of you to wake up Lynn! We were just talking about you, so pleased to see you breathing and so full of life." I looked up at him his hazel eyes creasing in pleasure of seeing me like this. He looked paler and wrinkles were covering nearly every inch of his ungodly face. The smirk on his face was enough to let me know I should be worried as he has no care for the state I'm in. I felt as if I was staring into my own eyes, I could see how broken he was and his insanity through them. Just as he probably saw in my own matching pair.

The person behind him was familiar and shock took over my body as I recognised Cole straight away, how did I not realise it was him before. Stubble covered his chin and upper lip making him look older than he was when Drew introduced me to him. He looked at me with no remorse in his eyes; superior to me. 

"What are you dong with me?" the dread made its way into my voice letting them know I was scared, letting him know I'm weak.

"Do you really want to know?" he said rhetorically laughing afterwards his sanity long gone. "Well darling, I'm going to kill you." My heart stopped, reality hitting me repeatedly. I'm not getting out of this, theres no way out of this. I'm going to die...

"What did I do?"

"What did you do? What did you do! You killed my son. He's dead all because of you! My only heir to my empire! You don't deserve to be alive; he does! He was my heir he was meant to take control of my company when I retire, which a girl like you can't do. You are useless to me, he was my everything and you killed him. Now it's your turn, and you know whats going to happen after you're gone? You're pathetic mother and sister will resurface and be heartbroken and then I can make it out to look as if your mother went crazy after her second child died, then she'll be the reason our marriage didn't work out and your precious sister will have to spend time with me, by law."

Every word he said was a stab to my hurt, more painful than anything that had been inflicted on me whilst I've been here, which is god knows how many days. The thought of him having custody of my sister and framing my mother makes me sick to the stomach and anything I had in there arisen and spluttered out onto the floor in front of me. Bile. My chest felt heavy as I struggled to get a breath as the panic settled inside of me. I am hopeless, my ending is now inevitable. Drew's gone. My mother doesn't know where I am or what's happening. Ellie is too young to understand. My best friends don't know anything and my father is killing me.

"You disgusting piece of scum!" I got knocked back onto the ground his foot digging into my displaced shoulder I screamed thrashing in pain. "I can't wait until you're gone, the best part is you're never going to know when I decide your time to go." And at that moment I wished it was then and there. 

Drews POV

*Day of Lynn being taken*

I went straight to school to get Alex. His uncle works for the police and must know someone, anyone, that could help me. I'd be grateful for anything right now. I ran to the locker rooms faster than ever before pushing past irrelevant students every step I took. Hearing Josh and Lynn's friends shouting for me I turned around briefly but decided better, I don't know how much time I have or where she is. She is more important right now.

I sprinted into the changing rooms, people everywhere, where is Alex goddammit! I turned the corner and saw him chucking on his letterman jacket; the rest of my team getting their stuff together. "Alex! I need your help please take me to your uncle please I'm begging you!" He looked at me stunned.

Then everyone's attention was on me; no wonder I've been in a coma for weeks. Everyone but Cole. He scurried frantically ignoring my presence, shoving things into his bag trying to get out of here as quickly as possible. More specifically he was shoving a suit into his bag... the same one the man following me and Lynn had been wearing. I stalked up to him and pushed him against a wall. 

I wanted answers. Now.