CHAPTER 5

Lynns POV

Drew drove me to the same place as last night after school today because, and I quote 'you didn't get to meet my best friends properly and they're extremely important people you have to be introduced to because we are all going to be best friends!', so here I am meeting our high school's own personal group of delinquents. You would think being the cool rebellious teen that I am I wouldn't be nervous or even slightly affected by the fact I would be hanging out with my school's rebels but you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. The sheer thought of hanging out with these people scared the sh*t out of me. The tattoos and piercings I don't care about, but the daily rumours of what they do and what they're like I do care about. Apparently, they all robbed some local shop last year and scared the lovely owner of it half to death. To think someone could do something to an old man knocks me straight off guard and allowed my imaginative mind to think about what they'd do to someone our age if they robbed a senior citizen.

The first guy I met was called Alex. But of course I knew him from around school despite the fact he wasn't in any of my classes I'd seen him around Josh and Drew a lot in the messy crowded corridors. The light brown shaggy hair covered most of his forehead falling just above his eyebrows reminded me of some picture perfect models that Hollister would hire for their photo shoots. If it wasn't for the eyebrow piercing I'd definitely categorise him as a "surfer dude". And as all the delinquents are he was very good looking in my opinion, and probably every other teenage girl who has laid their eyes on him. He emitted a matureness that I couldn't sense with the other friends within the group as if he was some sort of Dad making sure his kids didn't get into trouble. Obviously, I'm incorrect about this judgement or they wouldn't be known as the school's delinquents. But who am I to judge.

To the right of my peripheral vision, I could see dark blue eyes piercing through me. Automatically the blonde hair was a giveaway. Austin Jones. Not only did his name sound as if it came out of a cliche highschool romance book but his blue eyes and blonde hair gave him that angel-fallen-from-heaven look. And let me tell you this; it worked like a love potion, girls would drop to their knees for him and in more than one way. However, despite what people automatically think about him, good looking bad boy player, he was the most innocent out of the lot. After nearly 4 years of being in this hell of a high school, I'd seen him with three different girls. This information just added to the boy next door persona he had that successfully had every girl that looked his way in a daze. I think he noticed my prolonged stare his way from the corner of my eye because before Drew put his hand on my shoulders he winked at me smiling. Drew gave Austin a death glare tightening his grip on me and pulling me closer as if I was his property, which I was not. I was my own person.

"I'm Carly and this is my best friend Jessie." I smiled and waved at the two girls sitting to the right side of Austin drinking surrounded by empty beer cans. Carly's auburn hair and light blue eyes complemented her appearance perfectly allowing her to get away with the porcelain skin tone she had. On the other hand, Jessie had black hair and hazel eyes with freckles was tanned and slim as hell making it seem as if she was a model. I could see a hint of a tattoo coming out of hiding from under her short sleeve top on. I wonder what it was...

"Come with me" Drew whispered leading me to the closest tree to the fire we set up. I watched Alex and Austin hang up a big white sheet in between two trees and the girls setting up a projector. "What are they doing?"

"Are you being serious?" He chuckled I nodded and frowned a bit "we are watching a movie" He smiled and put down a big blanket under the tree. He sat down and pulled me with him and lay a spare blanket over his and my lap. I leaned into his shoulder and he moved and wrapped an arm me. I let out a deep breath and relaxed thinking about how weird it was of me to act like this around Drew and then the title of the movie came onto the screen.