CHAPTER 25

Drews  POV

I couldn't think straight because nothing in this moment was right; nothing was okay. There was too much going on right now and way too much pressure for us to get there as quick as possible after Coles interrogation and the truth spilling out of his mouth in hopes he'd be off the hook with the crime he has committed. My heart was racing and the adrenaline pulsed through my veins filling me with the strength to do this. To save her. Officers surrounded me in the moving vehicle with Alex in the back next to his uncle who was the chief officer and Cole in the front passenger seat directing us but not even that would help me forgive him for outing Lynn to her father and revealing her location.

*Flashback*

"What the hell is that Cole?"

"Nothing man just some old clothes from a few months ago when I did that school production is all"

"My ass Cole.  I know exactly where I've seen that suit so don't even try to cover it up; you're lucky I haven't killed you yet." I pushed my body forward knocking him against the lockers grabbing him by his shoulders. This piece of sh*t! What the hell was he thinking who does he think he is! I'm going to kill him. It's all his fault Lynn is with her father. It's his fault I have to go find her and make sure she's okay when she should be here with me right now. He must've been the one delivering the notes, the one who gave her location away. 

"I'm sorry! I had to Drew I had no choice I need the money"

"To hell with that what the hell is your problem you don't realise what you've done!"

Alex tried to intervene pulling my shirt back and telling me to calm down but nothing would diminish the fiery rage inside of me right now. Cole is dead to me and if he doesn't start talking soon I'm reporting him straight to the police.

"Please I'm sorry I'll do anything I'm sorry Drew" he pleaded trying to pry my hands off his filthy body but he was too weak for me.

"Where is she."

*Flashback Over*

His body was tense in the front as he directed the police officer to where she was. He didn't promise me she was okay and I prayed to every god that she was still breathing. Every time I thought about her being lifeless my stomach dropped and the thought of it was unbearable. The plan I now knew was horrific and disgusting almost difficult to believe someone could be that f*cked up. We pulled into a road that had both sides covered by sky-high trees and fountains. The high-class society lived in this area, my eyes wandered over the mansions that covered the street until we turned into another road that lead us to a more private estate; separated from the rest of the mansions.

We stopped at the bottom of the man-made hill and all that lay ahead of us was a three-story-high mansion with columns covering the whole outside of the house. The grass was brighter than any I'd seen in my life and trimmed to perfection. Who would have known something so sinister was happening behind these closed doors. That was where she is.

Every cell in my body was buzzing; she's there! I can see her now! She'll be back in my arms and safe like she should've been all this damn time. The gleeful feeling spread through my body until Alex's uncle, Daniel, killed it for me.

"We don't know what we're going to expect when we get in there so everyone needs to be prepared for the worse. It could be horrific even from what Cole has told us there are around 15 men in the building and they're all armed. We don't know if Mr Taylors is there currently but the workers are and they're the ones you should be worried about. Drew, don't act on instinct okay? She'll be okay."

My heart broke into a million pieces at the thought of her not being okay. All I wanted was for her to be happy, safe and out of that hell hole. The fact that I couldn't do this by myself was painful because all I wanted was to save the love of my life and make sure she's okay. I hope she's okay.

We got out of the car at the bottom of the hill so it gave us a head start, the people inside the house wouldn't notice us if we parked here. Hastily we all put on our safety vests and the officers got their guns loaded and prepared to enter the house where she has been these past few weeks. I was so nervous I didn't know what to expect. It was all a blur. We ran into the broken down house knocking down the door.

People were shouting and screaming at one another but all I could think about was finding Lynn. I ran upstairs with Daniel and another two officers right behind me. We went into every room on the second floor the two professional officers knocking out all the men in sight. But still no sign of her dark blonde hair and velvet blue eyes.

I ran up to the third floor there was only one door I ran at it despite the negative outcome that may happen afterwards. This was the last room left in the house that hadn't been checked. She had to be in here and if she wasn't I don't know what I'll do. I don't know where she could be or what could've happened to her.

She has to be in here; she just has to be. I don't think I can live without her being in my life, alive even. I stood in front of the big metal rusted door overcome with nerves. Do I want to open this? Can I deal with it if she isn't there? I reached out for the doorknob enclosing it with my hand covering the finger smudges of previous people coming into the room and doing god knows what. You have to do this Drew. For her. Don't be a coward. A scream pushed me to do this. Not a mans scream, a feminine one filled with fear and pain. It was hers. I pushed the door open as fast as I could and the sight was like poison and wine.