CHAPTER 3

Lynns POV

'She lies and says she's in love with him, can't fin-' I turned over and turned off my alarm for once, not being woken up by a scream was unusual and it'd usually beat my alarm clock by at least an hour. It's strange how so much can change in a day, but he arrives back home today. If he doesn't find us tonight it's a good sign we might be able to stay here for a while. I really want to stay here for a while...

I kicked the covers off me and ignored the foundation marks that were on my pillow from me not washing my makeup off last night. I always had to wear foundation,  taking off the makeup would make my bruises visible and I need to wait till they clear up before I can walk out of my house comfortably without makeup on. I headed to the bathroom to shower before school where I belted out my favourite artists, The Kooks and Weezer were my favourite morning grooves to sing. I walked into my room making sure my curtains were drawn so I could change into my clothes in peace, knowing no one would be snooping. Or more specifically, Drew. Can't Stop by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers came on and I started dancing around my room to it, finally at peace with my father nowhere in sight. This is how life should be.

There was a knock on my window, without thinking twice I opened my purple curtains slightly and saw Drew in the treehouse looking down at me. His eyes wandered and widened and I realised what I was wearing. The answer my underwear. I gasped and closed my curtains so he couldn't look at me in my bra and panties. Call me a prude and see if I care but that was f*cking embarrassing. I put on a pair of black ripped skinnies and a pale yellow tank top along with the leather jacket he gave me. It's not my fault it was comfortable. I went downstairs to the kitchen and saw a post it note on the table.

'Dropping Ellie off at school you have to walk, sorry - love mum xxx'

I don't mind walking it seemed like an okay day despite the weather being a bit moody but alas I need to get to school before it's too late. I ate a piece of toast quickly hating going out on an empty stomach and grabbed my school bag and my earphones. Walking to school is okay with me until it starts to rain, then its no fun at all. My pace quickened trying to get to school as quick as possible to avoid being drenched by water. I heard some shout my name and a revving engine. I turned and saw Drew hopping off his death trap. Oh sorry, I meant the cliche motorbike every guy like Drew has in all those books I read.

''Do you need a ride Lynn, cause if you want you ca- Holy shit! what the hell happened to your face?" he touched my cheek and I felt a slight ache seer through my body.

 "Nothing don't worry about it," I said trying not to think of the bad bad bad memories that were threatening to rise. His finger traced a line on my bruised cheek I winced a bit, the makeup must have come off due to the rain. Just my luck.

"Sorry" he pulled his hand away staring at me with concern, and worry. "What happened to you?"

"I said nothing. Can you please just take me to school" I said exasperatedly he nodded and grabbed my hand lacing our fingers together and pulling me onto his bike. He passed me a helmet and helped me with putting it on. I wrapped my arms around his torso and leaned my head against his back, his very muscular back might I add. He tensed up at my movement then relaxed and started the bike up. 

We arrived at the school within minutes but I didn't want to get off in case people saw the state of me. He sighed and bent down to my level "I'll cover you Lynn don't worry. No one will see you." He says that but I don't think he realises he's practically a celebrity at this school. I could feel everyone's eyes on us.