CHAPTER 35

Drews POV

I understood she was going through a period of time that will be the worst time of her life but I didn't think it'd be this bad. I underestimated the power of losing a family member to something as sinister as this. She's barely eating and the obvious weight loss is drastic along with her not going out at all; her pale skin now a deadly white, almost translucent. She won't even see me. She doesn't acknowledge me or her mother or her friends and the family members that try to comfort her sooner or later miserably fail and give up, leaving her to her own thoughts. She just sits there and stares into nothing. She stares for hours a day hardly blinking and only talking when she has to and realises someone's making conversing with her, which takes a lot of effort due to her being in her old black and blue world. It was unbearable seeing her like this. Once she lit up a room with just her presence and now she seems to be an empty shell with no self reason to be here. She copes with her problems in silence, only listening to her whispering thoughts, her ears are the only ones tuned into being able to it. Some may say she was supporting herself, that she needed time. But we all knew she was digging herself further into whatever dark place she is in. No one has been able to pull her out of there, not even me. The saddest part is the only person who could do that was the one whose funeral we just attended.

I have been looking for the runaway girl for hours now. As soon as I saw her bolt I followed suit but she was too far gone into the forest. The sun was setting behind the trees that stood next to the graveyard a warm glow stroking the gravestones and nature, warming the people that lay beneath them. I never thought I'd say this about being in a graveyard but it felt calm. The warm touch of the sun danced on my skin as I looked around for the love of my life in the place where her sister was not so long ago buried. And what a shame that is... My shoulders slugged down knowing this was going to be a difficult next few months the loss of a beautiful young girl along with final exams and college applications are going to be a lot for Lynn to deal with. She may even be held back a year, I wouldn't let her stay here by herself though after everything that has happened. I will follow her everywhere she goes. Seeing how she's coping right now doesn't make me feel any better either. I'm constantly worrying about her sad soul and wanting to be there for her. But whenever someone gets too close she pushes them away in an instant. She did it to her mother, her friends and most surprisingly, me.

But what can I do? How do I deal with this situations? My girlfriend's father has just killed her little sister Ellie, his second daughter. She had already lost one sibling and now she was an only child. She was too young and innocent for this to happen and in such an inhuman way. He truly was a monster being able to do such a horrible thing to something so vulnerable and fragile. To his own flesh and blood. To his own daughter. And they say blood is thicker than water.

Shivering at the thought of such a man I wondered how someone like him could create two beautiful daughters. Their hearts so open to anyone and anything, their carefreeness and loving personas, it's unbelievable that they're related. It must all come from their mother's side. I can't believe he had any love and care left in his body. Continuing my slow-paced walk to where Ellie's gravestone wanting to say one final goodbye, I spotted her.  And when I saw her sitting there my heart crumpled.