CHAPTER 11

Lynns POV

I kissed Drew on the lips savouring the feeling of him next to me. It's now our school holiday and my mum has planned on me staying with my Aunt Hilary and cousin Jackson. He is a year older than me and I've only met him once at a family reunion years ago when I was five. I hardly remember them which is really bad... Like he's my cousin for god's sake. In my defence, it was my father's fault for stopping us from seeing our own f*cking family.

I haven't gotten any more threatening notes from my Father... and let's hope that was the first and last. Who knows, it might've been a sick joke from someone who found out about my situation. I still haven't told my Mother about it I just don't want her to get worried especially after she's finally settled in but I know if I get any more, I'll have to get her involved. She already has enough stress looking after Ellie and finalising our move here.

"Are you sure you can't stay with me and my family in the cabin?" Drew asks for the one-hundredth time this week I laughed and hugged him shaking my head as a 'no', "it's so annoying we have a long break and don't even get to spend it with each other." He whined I would usually be doing the same thing, but I know we won't be able to change my Mum's mind now.

"I know baby, but I'll see you in three weeks okay?" He mumbled a 'yes' into my hair I sighed and inhale his Cool Water cologne which was very nice today. "I'll miss you," I say wanting to actually say I love him but not today. He doesn't feel that way yet, I don't want to scare him. He'd probably get too pressured and freak out then break up with me. Then while on holiday he will meet a better girl. A prettier, smarter girl to take my place as his girlfriend. Stop it. I ignored the evil thoughts in my head and focused on the boy in my arms. He has helped me so much in so little amount of time and the gratefulness I feel for him is unbelievable. Who else would stick around once they find out your father is crazy and hunting you down?  No one. 

"I'll miss you too Lynn," He says kissing my nose I giggled and pulled away holding his hand tightly making sure he was here with me and this wasn't some dream I'd conjured up in my imaginative brain.

"Bye-bye Drew have a great holiday!" I said waving to him through the window of our car, he smiles sadly and waves back. I sigh and look out the window at the scenery, it's about two hours away to get to Aunt Hilary's house from home so I put on my earphones and start jamming out to Pearl Jam.

.........................................................................................

"Hi, I'm Zach! Jackson told me to wake Y'all up cause you're here!" He said in a high pitched masculine country accent I smiled sleepily and got out the car and said 'bye' to my Mother with a quick kiss on the cheek knowing she had to get home before Ellie did. I picked up my suitcase and groggily followed Zach into a medium sized home with a front porch, a garden, and a tire swing on a tree. I am so trying that out later.

"Lynn!" A lady around 40 said hugging me I'm guessing she was my aunt, Hilary, I hugged back and smiled. It's weird how I'm staying with people I hardly know even if they are related to me. I had always envied families who spent every weekend, holiday and every free day off together. Her shoulder-length chestnut coloured hair was curled up to her shoulders. With smile lines dancing on her face that complimented her green eyes, she looked like a lovely person and very similar to my mum. The happiness and positivity that filled her aura automatically rid me of my nerves about spending this holiday here with strangers.

"Hi!" I said cheerfully happy to finally spend quality time with someone besides my sister and mum; finally being able to meet my other family members properly.