CHAPTER 28

Lynns POV

Everything felt numb, my surroundings sounded almost muted, my eyesight fuzzy but my mind was buzzing with life as if I was a match just set alight. A new flame burning with energy at the fuel given to it. And still, I couldn't move an inch, my body was too stiff from the beatings I had taken; I was paralysed. All I could work out was that bodies were rushing around my deadly still body. Their hands were in slow motion holding things above me,  pushing needles into my skin and wiping my bloody skin with damp clothes that I could slightly feel. The oxygen mask put onto my face was easy to make out and it explained how I could still feel the oxygen going into my system; I don't want to think of what state I'd be in without it aiding me.

My eyes wandered over everything in this moving vehicle, an ambulance I realised, everyone here is trying the best to keep me alive, isn't that nice? How nice of them to do this for me; what great people! The mask was removed from my face for a moment as two lights beamed into my eyes, torches. My chest started to feel as heavier as the air was taken away from me. I started to begin feeling so light headed I couldn't make out what was happening around me again. They placed the mask back no my face again and I took in a deep breath, I could feel my heartbeat in my chest pulsating with life and energy screaming at me telling me I'm alive. I felt light and airy; a good sign surely. I was alive! I didn't die... 

I didn't die! My heartbeat became irregular beating every moment it got as if it hadn't been the last few days. Everyone around me began panicking scurrying around the small space as if something was going wrong. They couldn't be more incorrect I'm fine. I'm so fine. I couldn't feel anything in my body anymore there was no pain; just fresh oxygen being pumped into me. My curious eyes landed on a figure at the back. He was the only one not moving. His big hand held my own and the warmth of it ran up my arm making my whole body feel fuzzy a contrast to how numb I felt right now. His body was clad in a protective vest and a black t-shirt, I gazed at his face and I froze still. It was him.

How was he with me right now? Am I seeing things again? My heartbeat got stronger and beat faster than it had these past few days. I felt as if it was just me and him, just like how it used to be. He's here for now even if it is a figure of my own imagination; he's with me at this moment. Keeping me going. I can't believe it. He smiled at me filling my empty stomach with butterflies. I can't believe this. The overwhelmed feeling I got from his presence descended on me and it was a feeling I was used to. I could sense his presence everywhere he was; it was overpowering and held my breath every time I caught sight of him.

Suddenly everything got darker, my chest felt even heavier than before pushing my body down to the ground. An invisible weight planted on my torso restricting my body that was aching to feel his touch. My body craved him but was fighting against my wishes successfully stopping me from being near Drew. I couldn't cope with it, I was struggling to move and breathe my body was going into shock. The numbness I felt a few moments ago was replaced with pain invading into every pore of my body. It felt as if every hit and cut I had taken these past few days was happening to me again all at one moment. The ringing was coming back and all I could feel was my heart pounding against my ribcage and the single tear rolling down my face. Worry took over his face as my vision blurred, even more, stopping me from seeing his beautiful irises. What I would do to see them right now... I was suffering from tunnel vision with all I could see before being prevented from coming into my sight. Darkness was creeping into my vision more and more with every second that passed; as if my eyesight had its own vignette filter. Everything around me came to a halt. I could no longer feel his touch and the warmth that came with it, I couldn't hear the panic in the paramedic's voices and I couldn't feel the pain from my wounds anymore. All I saw was his face. I felt dead.

____________________________________