CHAPTER 27

Drews POV

My Lynn didn't look like herself anymore. Her body was mutilated and blood covered almost every inch of her porcelain skin. Her eyelids looked heavy as she struggled to keep them open and suddenly everything felt as if it was in slow motion. I ran towards her figure on the ground which was surrounded by blood and touched her sticky with dried blood face. She was crying for me and crying to stay alive. She was dying. 

"Lynn I'm still here please don't die on me please baby don't go I just got you back." She screamed living a real life night terror, she didn't know I was here and alive. I was dead to her. I pulled her to my chest as she slowly went limp. I could hear sirens and ambulances outside the house as I picked up her almost unconscious state and pulled her close to me. She can't die today. Not like this. She was silent as I pressed her to myself blood smearing all over my chest and face, it dripping repeatedly onto my jeans and shoes. This monster of a man did this and he's going to pay for it. I ran down the flights of stairs nearly losing my balance with her in my arms but nothing was stopping me now. I'm going to save her like I said I would. My heart clenched knowing she could die any second now... F*ck! F*CK. 

I burst through the broken door and out into the clearing light flashed around me as officials rushed towards me and the love of my life, my Lynn. The flashes blinded me but I could make out them taking her from my arms and into the ambulance. Her body didn't even look solid as her dislocated arms swung limply with every movement. Her foot had turned a brutal purple and red that you could see underneath the layer of dry blood. I felt sick seeing her like this how broken she was... There were slices all over her arms that looked about 1.5 cm deep and black burnt ashes stuck to open wounds giving me ideas about what they did to her during her stay here.

I threw up all the contents in my stomach unable to stop the flow of bile that refused to stop. I was a mess. She was so damaged and severely wounded even if she did make it what might happen? She might be paralysed, she might have to go to therapy or support groups. This situation is so f*cked up I don't know how she's going to handle it. She might not be able to handle it...

But she has to! These past few months of her being in my life have been the best ones and they'll keep on getting better as we grow together. There's so much I have yet to show her. I know it's selfish of me but I'd rather her survive and fight whatever obstacles will come of this event than die here and leave the troubles behind. Because she's the only girl for me; everything about her makes me happy she's everything to me. She has to stay alive for me! Please, Lynn, do it for me...

I screamed in anger, frustration, sadness you name it and I'm feeling it. I found my girl only to see her and feel her practically die in my arms. It's a bittersweet moment but all I want now is for her to be back in my arms despite the blood pouring from most areas on her body. I got taken into an ambulance where she lay in front of me. A paramedic got a damp cloth and wiped her face down with warm water smearing blood everywhere. It sickened me as I watched the blood mix with the water and drip onto the thin mattress she was on. But now her face was visible.

Bruises covered both eyes and her jaw, on the left eye there was a slice just below her eyebrow and her lip was busted open. They placed an oxygen mask over her mouth said things to keep her alive, could she even hear them? Tears ran down my face as I moved to the edge of my seat and held her limp hand rubbing circle on the back of it like always. Her eyes fluttered open and closed and panic filled them. The horrific sound of her heartbeat increasing filled the van as she started to shake, she was going into shock. I stood up and moved to lean over her. Her eyes met mine and I swore there was silence throughout the hectic van. No beeping or shouting. Just silence. Just us in this moment.

The beeps slowed down to normal as I grabbed her other hand. Her eyes were tearing up and held so much emotion my waterworks began to flow as well. She was alive. She was going to be okay. Right? Hope made my body buzz as I clutched her hand not letting go, afraid of losing her, I will never let go. I took deep breaths to calm myself but nothing seemed to work and I was ecstatic.

But then her heart beat began to slow and fear found itself back into both of our eyes. I got shoved out of the way by the paramedics they took over. But all I could see was her blank scared stare towards my own. Every few seconds they'd close and I don't know if it was because she was exhausted or because she was leaving me...  Beep. Beep. Beep.

The sound of her heartbeat kept me going. "I love you, Lynn. So much you don't understand." I was shouting hoping she'd hear my voice over all the sh*t happening in the car at this moment. Beep. Beep.

"Ever since I bumped into you I was hooked. And I will be for the rest of our lives!" Beep. Beep. "I know that's a promise I shouldn't make but I'm sure of it, I'm so sure of us!" Beep.

It was becoming quieter and quieter as I tried to convince her to stay, persuade her to keep fighting. Beep. "Do it for us Lynn, please. I will make you so happy please..." Beep.

Beep. Beep... Beep...

Deathly silence settled over us. This isn't the end; I won't accept it.