CHAPTER 8

Lynn's POV

I walked out of our road and headed in the direction of the alley he fights in. How do I know where it is you're wondering? Truth be told, I don't. It's just things spread in this town like wildfire and we were a paper town and everyone inside of it stick figures. Especially things to do with Drew, everyone was curious about the spectacle of him, including his whereabouts.  Everything about Drew is public to think of it, he doesn't seem to get a lot of privacy. I came to a corner and it was getting dark already it was about six thirty. Well, time really does fly by when you're having a mental breakdown! I was a couple of metres away and I could hear chanting, I turned the corner and saw a circle of people screaming and cheering. Really didn't pick the right attire did I?  The wandering eyes of old men were attached to my bare legs and I already hated it here. Luckily my top half was covered by the bagginess of Joey's jumper or I don't think I would make it out of here alive. I made myself walk further and finally got to the front. Seeing Drew's bare back towards me and an opponent who didn't seem as strong but still managed to hit Drew once. His back muscles danced underneath the street lights and I could see every crevice in his perfect body. I gasped at the sight of Drew hitting the guy, stepping back onto someone's foot who pushed me into someone and I fell on top of them. Oh god...

I pushed myself up but the person gabbed my elbow keeping me in place. Gulping I looked at him. He had a long ginger beard and eyes that looked black as night; almost demon-like. He reached for his pocket and brought out a small knife. So the rumours were right. It is this type of place. Deep breaths, deep breaths. I started panicking as he put it against the back of my neck, successfully stopping me from getting off of him. I struggled to stop him his grip on my hips started getting tighter... oh great another bruise. Note to sarcasm. Wait why am I being sarcastic I'm being harassed. I was screaming internally tears running down my face. Why was he doing this!

"Please let me go!" I begged as I felt his rough beard on my neck along with his slimy lips.

"No doll face, I can have some fun with this," he smiled and I did the only thing which I could think of...

"Drew!" I screamed as the person pushed me so I was underneath him, I could smell his breath. It smelt like beer mixed with cigarettes, not a nice combo. I closed my eyes ready for the knife to cut deeper into my skin; I could already feel some blood trickling down my shoulder. But instead, I felt a weight being lifted off of me, literally.

I opened one of my eyes and saw Drew holding the guy up by his shirt collar against the brick wall shouting at him aggressively. I opened both eyes and quickly stood up, not knowing what to do I jumped behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Drew it's okay" I snuggled myself closer to him and sighed.

"It's not okay he f*cking hurt you!" I hugged him tighter and planted kisses along his shoulder blades, I felt him relax and drop the guy. Quickly turning around he pulled me into his chest "I don't know what I would've of done if he did anything else to you..." I heard him mumble into my hair; I leant into him more and kissed his toned chest before pulling away, looking at him. I noticed his eyes glistening he pulled away and walked to the other side of the alley. He gave the guy another punch aimed at his eye "touch her again and I'll kill you, that goes for everyone!" he threatened voice as scary as dolls. And dolls are freaking  scary.

I looked around and everyone in the alleys eyes were on me, I ignored them and studied Drew as his back muscles flexed once again while he stretched and picked up his shirt. He turned around skimming over everyone before pulling his shirt over his head giving me a second to stare at his bare chest in awe without him seeing. What are you doing with yourself Lynn? A young man walked over to him and handed him an envelope sealed shut. Money.