CHAPTER 26

Lynns POV

Everything was blurry and those familiar rays of light stretched across all of my vision turning pink and red mixing in with the blood on my face. It was beautiful, abstract like as if it was something you'd see in an art museum a piece with an array of colours caressing a canvas. Much like a Reine-Marie piece. But the truth was so far from beautiful.  My bones were broken and any slither of hope had oozed out of my body along with my now cold blood. I was going slowly but surely and I was left to relish in the ghastly feeling that I wouldn't be able to live my life anymore. This was the end I could feel myself slipping away. 

Every day got worse and worse; the enigma of my time to pass was frustrating me. Just put me out of my pain! Except that's not what he wants he wants me to feel this pain like my brother did. And I deserved it. I shivered in fear thinking of the visit one of his workers paid me this morning. The blade glided across my skin smoothly and sliced into it smoother. They left my wrists clean though something to do with making the plan more sustainable. Anything that could make it look like I was self-harming would ruin the plan they said, it tarnishes the idea that I was murdered viciously and would make it look more like I committed suicide they said.

I felt light though, sure I was leaving behind my sister and mother but what else did I have going for me? Drew was gone and I had no one else. I'd never get to cherish his touch or grow with him. The only positive outcome of being here was that the pain inflicted on me took my mind off of the pain of Drew leaving me for good. My heart crumbled and crushed thinking of him now. My Drew...  He was gone like Joe and it's all my fault again. Everything was my fault.

I miss them both. But the guilty part is all I want is to feel Drew besides my right now. His soft gentle touch on my face or his possessive grip on my waist. He made me feel wanted. He made me feel alive. Blood trickled down my cheek from the gash on my temple.  It's warmth reminding me of our trip to the beach.

The ocean, the sun: everything was perfect. Too perfect to be true. I felt the warm rays of sunshine on me as a loud bang rung throughout the house shaking the floor beneath me. It made my dying body trembly, the vibrations shaking my broken bones making a tingling sensation thrive everything going numb.

My eyelids felt heavy and the shouts were slurring around me. What was happening? Am I going to be saved? A small smile crept into my face my mouth filling with blood. Get up, Lynn. Get up now!

I pushed my body up my legs shaking and wobbly due to the fractures and bruises. You can do this Lynn c'mon. I felt heavier than ever as I struggled to support the weight of my beaten body it was almost too much but I'm not stopping now. I can't stop now I'm going to be saved right? Pins and needles were in my leg the blood falling straight to my feet and dribbling out of all the cuts and slices on my feeble legs. Move now, Lynn. The sting in my foot wasn't there before as I placed it on the ground. The sharp point of a knife dug into the balls of my feet. I felt it cut through my flesh the pain unbearable. I looked down and a pool of blood gathered beneath my body. This was it. 

I screamed as my body toppled backwards straight onto the floor. My head smacked into the floor head on, the ringing in my ears wouldn't stop along with the discomfort of my body. The blood wouldn't stop and my heart was slowing down. There's no hope left Lynn... Nothing was graceful or serene like they said it would be. The pain I felt was unbearable my head thudded intensely from the impact of the fall. I could see black dots filling my vision and I could faintly hear a door open.

I cried out "someone please help me... I need anyone to please" I couldn't go now please don't let me go. You'll get to see Drew though hell make this better for you don't worry

"Drew please help me come back to me. I'm so alone without you please. Please please please..." My voice repeated his name the sound of it bringing music to my ears. It will be okay when I see him.

Something touched my cheek it was so warm and comforting it was alluring I wanted more but I couldn't move anymore. I couldn't do this anym