Epilogue

One Year Later

"If you would both just sign here." Ally says, pointing to the dotted line on the paper.

I lean forward, mixture of nervousness and excitement stirring around in my stomach. I grab the pen off of the table and sign on the spot designated for my name. My heart pounds in my chest as I pass Jax the pen. We exchange a look, a small smile coming to his lips as he proceeds to sign on the dotted line. He pulls back and we turn to Ally, our anxieties lessening slight at the smile on her face.

"Congratulations, you are now officially the parents of Mason Carter McDonald." She says, her voice calm and happy.

"Teller, he wants to be called Teller." Jax corrects automatically, a smile coming to his face and she gives a small nod, "Well that's a whole other process you'll have to go through."

"For now, let's just be happy that we can now call him ours." I say, smiling at Jax.

He smiles widely, his infectious grin so beautiful to see before he leans over and places a kiss on my lips. I pull away after a moment and lean my forehead before pulling back and turning to Ally Lowen, "Thank you, for everything."

"It was an absolute pleasure Emily, truly. It's been nice to work on something legal for once." She says, her tone genuine.

We both chuckle at her comment before Jax looks to her, "We will we see you tomorrow?" He asks and she nods, "Are you kidding? I wouldn't miss it for the world."

I smile widely at her as Jax and I raise to our feet, our fingers interlocking. We both shake her hand before turning and leading her out of church. Everyone is scattered around, small chattering coming from the different groups but their heads turn at the sound of our entrance. They all look at us expectantly, anticipation in their eyes.

"It's offical!" Jax announces and everyone erupts into cheers, getting up and making their way over.

Mason is the first to walk over, looking more and more like his father everyday and he smiles widely at us. He gives me a sweet smile before he throws his arms around me, him being taller than I am now and he holds me tightly. I hold him back just as tightly, glad to finally be able to call him my son. It's been such a long year, with new adjustments and hard times but it's only brought us closer and closer as a family.

"Thank you so much Mom." He says and I smile at the new development he had developed in these last few months.

"I'm glad it's finally offical." I say, pulling back and looking into my son's eyes, my eyes.

He places a kiss on my cheek before he turns to his father, who has the same grin on his face as Jax, "Thanks Dad."

Jax reaches forward and places a hand on the side of his face, his face covered in pride, "You're welcome son."

They embrace when I feel someone wrap their arms around me from behind and lift me up, spinning me around. I let out a laugh as they place me down and I turn to see Opie standing there, the broadest smile on his face.

"Congratulations Ems!" He says, wrapping me up in a big hug.

"Thank you Ope. Without you and Lyla this year, I don't think Jax and I could have gotten through it all. You've been incredible." I say, really meaning my words.

A small smile comes to his lips, "I've been there since the beginning, I'll be there to the end. That's what best friends are for."

Little arms wrap around my legs at that point and I look down to see Thomas smiling up at me, a few teeth poking out. Opie leans down and picks him up, putting him on his hip, "Hey there champ, what're you doing?"