Chapter 6

I pull up into the parking lot of Teller-Morrow and turn the car off, making my way out of the car. I look towards the garage and see a pair of legs poking out from underneath the car, the white sneakers a dead give away as to who it is. I lock the car door and make my way over to the garage, stopping by the front of the car.

"Hey there Stranger." I say, kicking his foot gently.

He rolls out from underneath the car, a big smile on his face, "Hey Darlin'."

"When do you get off?" I ask, folding my arms over my chest.

"I finish in about an hour." He says, standing up and wiping his hands on a rag.

I smile, "Good, then you can come to lunch with me."

"That sounds great Darlin' but I gotta go visit the kid. Did you hear he's getting out soon?" He asks, walking over to the tool box.

"I did and I had a lovely reunion with that ex girlfriend on yours." I say, leaning against the door jamb.

He chuckles, "I wondered how long it would be before I had this conversation."

"What conversation?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

"You and Tara both hated each other throughout high school and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why." He says.

I scoff, "You're kidding me right?" I ask and he shrugs his shoulders, "She was a nightmare!"

"You just never got to know her." He says, tinkering with the car's engine.

"Oh I knew her alright, you just never got to see the real her." I mutter angrily, bitter memories coming back to mind.

He glances over at me and steps back from the car, making his way over to me, "How about we don't get into another fight over Tara huh? She's a thing of the past." He says.

"Whatever." I mutter, crossing my arms over my chest and rolling my eyes.

"Hey, how about you come see the kid with me and then we'll go to lunch? My treat." He says, bending down to look into my eyes.

I stare away for a moment before looking at him, "Fine, but I'm getting dessert too." I say, pointing my finger at him.

He chuckles, "Like I didn't see that coming."

"Alright, I'll just wait in the clubhouse for you." I say, turning on my feet.

I make my way to the clubhouse and step inside, seeing Chibs, Tig and Piney drinking at one of the tables. They all glance up at the sound of the clubhouse door opening.

"How's my favourite girl?" Tig asks, looking up at me.

"I'm good Tiggy, how about you?" I ask, pulling over a chair to the table.

"Better now that you're here doll." He says, giving me a wink.

"Knock it off, she's young enough to be your daughter." Piney says, slapping him over the back of the head.

"That hasn't stopped him before." Chibs chuckles, taking a sip of his beer.

"He has a point old man. But don't worry, Tiggy can keep dreaming but it's never gonna happen." I say.

"A man can try." Tig says, finishing off his beer.

"So whatcha doing sitting around here love?" Chibs asks, laying his arm across the back of my chair.

"I'm waiting for Jax to finish. We're gonna visit the kid and then we're having lunch." I state.

I see the three men exchange glances and I look between them, "What?" I ask, wondering what's going on.