Chapter 22

I wash my mouth out and spit the water into the sink and splash some water onto my face to wash away the sweat. I look at myself in the mirror and see that I'm paler than usual, but that's probably because I'm about to hit the road again. Also, today's the day Nate is going to be put in the nursing home and Gemma is really upset about it. I've been helping her pack this morning while we've been waiting for Jax and the others to arrive.

Suddenly I hear the sounds of Harley's pulling up into the driveway and I throw the towel down on the basin, dashing out of the bathroom. I take the stairs two at a time and rush out the front door, seeing Clay and Gemma in a passionate embrace. I ignore them completely and jump into Jax's waiting arms, crashing my lips to his. The kiss is strong and passionate, our tongues intertwined. His hands grasp at my ass as mine tangle in his long blonde hair.

I pull back and lay my forehead on his, "God I've missed you." He breathes.

I let out a chuckle, "If only everyone wasn't around, we'd have a proper reunion." I whisper.

"Alright you two, let me hug my son." Gemma says, walking up behind us.

Jax lets me down but doesn't let go of my hand as he embraces his mother. Clay steps towards me and I smile, wrapping my free arm around him, "Hey darling." He whispers.

"Clay." I smile, pulling away from him.

Gemma let's go of Jax and I turn to him, "How's our boy?" I ask.

"He's good." He says and I smile relieved, "With Neeta?" I ask and he nods, "Where's Tara?" He asks.

"Inside. Helped us box up things." I say, wrapping my arm around his waist.

"Grandpa walking. How's pop doing?" Clay asks and I look up to see Nate walking down the driveway.

"Finally hit him that she's gone. He knows he's going away. You guys go on in, I better go help him get settled. It's gonna be a tough afternoon." She says before chasing off after Nate.

I sigh and run my fingers through my hair, "I better go help Tara with the boxes." I say.

"Okay babe." He says, leaning down and placing a kiss on my lips.

I let him go and walk inside to help Tara pack up the rest of Nate's valuables.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sit at the dining room table looking at my mugshot on my warrant and I look up between Jax and Clay, "Canada? Explain to me again how this is going to look?"

Clay leans forward, "We get you set up some place safe, off the grid. Get you some papers."

"Maybe go redhead for awhile." Tig suggests and I cringe, "No way in hell, I'd rather shave my head."

"Heat will die down babe." Jax says from beside me and I turn to him, "When the hell am I gonna see my family? My son?"

"We'll figure it out. It's our only choice baby." Jax states.

I hear footsteps and I turn to see Nate walk in and Jax and Clay stand up, "Good to see you Nate." Clay says.

"Hey Grandpa." Jax says.

"Why are you here?" Nate asks, eyeing Clay down, "Clay's here to help get you settled." Gemma improvises.

Nate shakes his head, "I don't need his help. This is what killed your mother!" He cries, turning to leave the room.