Chapter 42

As I drive along the highway towards Mason's home, I can't help but be lost in my thoughts. Today is a massive day, the biggest day in a long time. The club was able to confirm Clay's affiliation with the home invasions, finding out that he orchestrated the whole thing to undermine Jax's authority and to try and secure his place back at the head of the table. It came to a club vote, and it was a unanimous decesion. It's Clays time to go meet with the reaper.

A bitter sweet feeling came over me at the news of this. As much as I hate Clay for all of the bad things he's has done, I can't help but also feel sad about his fate. I once considered this man to be my family, to be the father that was taken away from me. He loved me and cared for me like I was his own child, making me feel loved and cared for. It seemed that he always had my back and that he was willing to even lay down his life for me.

But once Maureen Ashby slipped those letters into Jax's duffel bag, all of that love and caring left the man. Instead of trying to protect his family, selfishness and reckless abandon took over. He was only out to look after himself. Now, I have never felt so much hatred for someone in my entire life. Not Tara, not Zobel, Jimmy O'Phaelan, no one. Today will be the day he meets the end that he wrote for himself and for that, he deserves it. He will no longer be a stain upon our lives, he will be nothing more than a corpse rotting in the ground.

Gemma has taken this on in a different way, thighs she hates him she's still deep down has feelings for him. They were married for a long time, and to see it all end like this is tragic. That she invested her life into someone that was only going to bring misery for her and her family. For what he did her she could forgive, but not for what he had done to Jax and Mason. Family means everything to her, and for that she knows he must die.

Gemma is at the house with Nero at the moment, taking care of the boys while I go to collect some of Mason's things. It's been a week since Debra and Harrison died, their loss still fresh within our hearts. Their funeral is being planned for Monday, people flying in from all over for their funeral. The guys decided to give them a proper SAMCRO burial, them becoming apart of the ever growing family the club is. I've been busy organising it all with Gemma, really drawing on her and Lyla for their support.

I can't help but think of Tara and wonder how much her support would have helped over the past week. I've missed her so much, in many ways considering her my best friend. But after everything that went down with David, she hasn't spoken a word with me since. We were banned from his funeral, her demanding that we leave once we arrived there to pay our respects. Her rejection was extremely painful to me and I've had it running through my head ever since.

I make the turn off of the highway and take the familiar turns towards the house. Once I pull up out front, I can't help but feel an overwhelming amount of sadness. The place looks completely empty, no sign of love and happiness inside. Instead, it is a great reminder of all the loss and pain that we've felt this week and that we will continue to feel for a long time.

I wipe at the tear falling down my cheek and grab my bag off of the seat before making my way towards the house. I pull out the keys that I was given by the Charming Sheriff's department, Harrison's keys to be exact. I make my way towards the front door and slip the key in the lock, opening it up. The place is stuffy and uninviting, feeling abandoned as if it's waiting for them to come home.

I shut the door behind me and make my way into the familiar home. I've spent many times here, particularly after I was finished with my house arrest and Jax's time in prison. Many good memories were made here. I make my way into the house an decide to do a little housekeeping, to get rid off all the off food from the fridge to not stink up the place.

I look around for some garbage bags before cleaning out the fridge and bins of all the trash. The fruit in the fruit bowl was beginning to rot and the milk left a stench in the fridge. I fight back the nausea that comes over me in waves, instead pushing through it all. Once that is all done, I make my way to Mason's room, flicking on the light. His room is messy the way a teenagers can only get. The dirty clothes basket overflowing, shoes and books over the floor along with a basketball and a gym bag.