Chapter 38

Music plays over the CD player speakers as I finishing packing the boys' bags. Tara is going to a medical conference today, getting away from everything that's going on here. So much has been happening in these least few weeks, it'll do her the world of good to leave for while. She's taking David with her, but she also suggested that I come too with the boys.

It's school holidays at the moment, meaning I won't have to worry about work. I talked it over with Jax and he encouraged me to go, wanting me to get away from this craziness. I hear footsteps coming into the room and I glance over my shoulder, see Jax walk in with Thomas in one arm and holding Abel's hand in the other.

"Hey Mommy." Abel says, walking over and climbing up onto the bed.

"Hey you, you excited to go on a trip today?" I ask as he climbs into my arms.

He nods his head with a big smile and I can't help the warm feeling in my heart at his perfect little face. I plant a big kiss on his cheek and Jax speaks up, "You all packed and ready to go?"

I nod my head and turn to face him, "Yeah, just finished packing the boys bags, I finished mine last night."

"What time are they getting here?" He asks and I glance over at the clock on the nightstand, "Should be here in about ten minutes or so."

He nods and walks over, "I got something that I want you to take with you."

I give him a confused look as he reaches around to his back and pulls out a small gun, holding it out to me, "Jax..." I say, feeling unsure.

"Look, I know you're leaving here to get away from everything for awhile, but I'll feel a whole lot better if you bring it with you." He says, looking at me with pleading eyes.

I glance down at the gun before letting out a sigh, "Okay."

He leans forward and places a gentle kiss on my lips before walking over, slipping it into my handbag when I hear the doorbell go off. I glance towards the clock and see it's too early, but they must be running early.

"I'll get it." Jax says with a sweet smile.

He walks out of the room and I put Abel down on the ground, him trailing after his father. I pull the bags off the bed and place them beside mine when I hear Gemma's voice coming from towards the front door, "Hey Baby."

"Hey Ma, what're you doing here?" He asks as I walk down the hallway, seeing Gemma there.

"Well, Em's taking my Grandkids on a one way trip to Oregon. You think I'm not gonna say goodbye?" She says, bending down and picking up Abel.

"It's just four or five days Gem, I promise you we'll be back before you know it." I say, coming to a stop beside her.

"Yeah, we're also gonna have rogue river keep an eye on them up in Oregon." Jax explains.

I smile and turn to Abel, "Say goodbye to Grandma sweetie." I say and he gives her a big cuddle while Jax says goodbye to Thomas.

Once they are finished they quickly say goodbye to Thomas and Abel and I hear a knocking at the front door. I walk over and open it up, seeing Tara and David standing there.

"Hey." I smile widely.

"Hey, you ready to go?" Tara asks and I nod, "Yeah, I just gotta get the bags into the car and we'll be ready to go."

Jax comes around the corner and smiles at them, "Hey guys."

"Hey Jax, what're you gonna get up too when the missus is gone?" David asks, making conversation.