Chapter 13

A sound of banging startles me awake and pain radiates all over my body. I look around confused and realise where I am. Memories from last night come back and I feel myself begin to shake at the images, panic overcoming me. I vaguely hear yelling and I look towards the door.

"Emily? Are you on there?!" A familiar voice calls out.

I feel tears slide down my face, "Wayne?!" I call out brokenly.

I hear gunshots and I pull the blanket that's been placed over me around me tightly. I continue to shake as I see Wayne step into view, his wide eyes taking in my position.

"Oh my god." He whispers.

"Get me out of here." I plead, letting out a sob.

He rushes over and helps me up and I hiss in pain, feeling it mostly down below. He wraps the blanket tightly around me, grabs my clutch and leads me outside. I see my car parked beside his outside as he eases me into the passenger seat of the car. I hold the blanket tightly around me, nothing but my bra on underneath. He gets into the car and he starts it up, quickly driving away from the warehouse. I stare out the windscreen numbly, knowing he must have hundreds of questions to ask me.

I look over at him as he stares out the windscreen and I decide to ask him, "How'd you know I was there?" I ask, no emotion in my voice.

"Heard on the radio. Recognised the description of the car." He explains quietly.

I shake my head, "Anonymous tip?"

He glances over at me and nods his head, "Yeah."

I look away out at the window again, too many thoughts flying through my head.

"You got give me something Emily." He says.

I look outside and am confused as to where he's taking me, "Where're you going?" I ask.

"Saint Thomas." He states and I feel myself begin to panic, "No."

"I got to get you to the hospital." He says and I shake my head, "No hospitals."

The car jostles and pain flares up, causing me to whimper. Wayne looks exacerbated, "Well. What am I supposed to do here Emily? Hmm?" He asks and I think of only one option and I hate myself for it.

"Pass me my clutch." I instruct.

He reaches to the floor and hands it over to me and I rifle through it, pulling my phone out. I unlock it and look through the contacts, remembering Gemma made me put it in incase something happened with Abel. Reluctantly I dial the number and place the phone to my ear, groaning in pain. I hear the phone ring and I wait for her to pick up.

"Hello?" She asks once she picks up.

"Don't say anything okay? It's Emily and I need your help. Meet me at my house and bring your medical kit, it's an emergency. And whatever you do don't tell Jax where you are going." I say.

She remains quiet and I shake my head, "You know I wouldn't be calling you if this wasn't an emergency."

I wait for her to speak and eventfully she does, "I'll be right there."

I hang up the phone and drop it to the floor, leaning back in my seat, "Take me home Wayne."

He turns a corner and begins the drive back to my house, remaining quiet all the way. He pulls up in the driveway and he grabs my keys from my clutch. He goes to the door and opens it, turning on a light before making his way back to the car. He opens the door for me and eases me out of the car and into the house. We walk into my bedroom and he turns the light on, walking me over to the bed.