Chapter 23

I hear the sound of beeping that draws me awake and I feel my eyelids flutter open. I blink a couple of times to get my vision in tact and soon realise that I'm in a hospital bed. I look around the room and see that it is empty. I go to move my hand when it stops, the feeling of metal being cut into my wrist. The door to the hospital room opens and I look forward to see Tara walk in, looking down at my chart.

"Tara." I croak, my throat dry.

She looks up and her eyes widen, "Emily." She breathes, rushing to my side.

"What the hell happened?" I ask, still adjusting to my surroundings.

"You had a severe panic attack that mimicked the symptoms of a heart attack. So much stress being added to your body over this past week, it took a real toll on your body. In normal circumstances we wouldn't have much cause for concern but in your condition, we had to keep you in for observation to make sure that everything was okay." She explains, her doctor voice coming out.

I shake my head dazed, "What do you mean in my condition? Is there something wrong with me Doc?" I ask.

"There's nothing wrong with you but with your pregnancy, we had a cause for concern. I wish you had told me sooner." She states and I feel my heart stop beating for a moment which shows on the monitors.

"Emily, what's wrong? Is everything okay?" She asks, her eyes flying towards my heart monitor.

"Pregnant?" I ask, my voice barely above a whisper.

She raises her eyebrow at me, "Yes, according to the ultrasound you aren't that far along. Around five weeks to be exact."

I look at her in total shock and she looks back at me wide eyed, "You didn't know?"

"No." I whisper, staring at the wall.

We sit there in silence as I try to process everything that is happening to me in my head. I returned home to visit Abel to only find out that he has been kidnapped and is currently in Belfast Ireland. I then had a severe panic attack which caused me to be rushed to hospital where I assume cops were waiting for me. I wake up after all this to find out that I am five weeks pregnant to a man who last I spoke to could barely even look at me.

"Have you told Jax?" I ask, not looking away from the wall.

She shakes her head, "I'm not legally allowed to tell any of them anything because none of them are your next of kin. You'd have to fill out a form for them to complete in order for us to fill them in. I told them that you were fine and that it wasn't anything serious."

"Don't tell any of them, especially Jax." I say, looking to her.

She looks at me for a moment before nodding her head, "Of course. Would you like to see him?"

I nod my head, "Bring Clay and Gemma in with you too."

She looks at me for a moment before turning and making her way out of the room. I try to calm my breathing as I try to focus my thoughts on one thing for now, pushing the rest of it away. Soon enough, the hospital door opens and Jax, Clay and Gemma walk in and Tara goes to leave, "You too Doc." I say, my voice clipped.

She looks at Jax who gives her a look before shutting the door, her leaning against it. I look around at all of them and my eyes land on Jax, "What happened? The truth, all of it." I ask, trying to keep my cool intact.

He looks at me for a moment before letting out a breath, "When Cameron killed Sack, he took Abel. Feds weren't doing shit, so we hired a bounty hunter. We got this a few days ago." He says, getting up and handing me a piece of paper.