Chapter 10

I stand in Jax's house with Gemma, setting up the party tonight. The club has been going through a rough patch lately and Gemma has taken it upon herself to cheer everyone up. The party is a mixture of Opie's safe return and a belated homecoming for Abel. I stand up on the back of the couch and string the streamers across the roof.

It feels weird being Jax's house after what happened between us. Neither one of us has spoken to the other since the night I told him everything. Every time we see each other, we immediately go to do something else so that we won't have to talk to one another. I've been confronted about this several times by Tig, Chibs, Piney and Kip but I haven't told them anything. As far as I know, Jax, Gemma and I are the only ones to know the real story.

I've also been avoiding him because Wendy has come back, Jax's junkie ex wife. She came back a few days ago and has been staying at his place. Gemma has been looking after Abel at her house while Wendy is here, only allowing her to visit him when she or Jax is there. At the moment she isn't here and that's why I am here, helping to set up for the party.

Gemma walks into the room holding a bag of balloons, "Do you think the balloons are too much?"

I turn and look at them, "Probably. Knowing Tig, he's going to steal them and pop them behind everyone when they aren't paying attention."

She laughs, "You're right, he is such a little kid."

I chuckle and turn back to face the wall, taping up the end of the streamers. I hear the front door open and I freeze on the spot. I hear footsteps down the hall and soon a woman's voice speaks up, "I'm sorry, I didn't think anyone would be here."

"We're just setting up for the party." Gemma explains.

I climb down of the sofa and I hear Wendy talk directly to me, "You must be Emily, I've heard an awful lot about you."

I ignore her and face Gemma, "I'll be back later."

"Okay baby, see you tonight." Gemma says, placing a kiss on my cheek.

I ignore Wendy and grab my bag, making my way out of the house. I storm over to my car and climb in, speeding away from the house. I feel my body shake in anger and slam my fist against the steering wheel. When am I ever going to get away from Jax Teller's past girlfriends?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I pull up at the house, I see cars and bikes parked all around the property. I find a free space a couple of houses down and park, making my way back towards Jax's house. I fidget with my clothes as I make my way towards his house, really nervous about being there. With both Jax and Wendy there, I know I'm going to need a lot of alcohol to make it through the night.

I reach the door and open it up, the sound of music and laughter greeting me. I shut the door behind me and make my way down the hall. I enter the lounge room to see all the men and Opie's kids sitting around and talking. No one notices me at first until the kids look up and dash towards me, "Emily!"

I chuckle as they run into me and I wrap my arms around them, "Hey kids, whatcha doing?" I ask, kneeling down in front of them.

"We're playing monopoly, wanna join us?" Kenny asks.

I smile at both of them, "How about I verse you later? I gotta go help out in the kitchen." I say.

"Alright." They say and make their way back to their game.

"Nice to see you darling." Piney says and I lean down and place a kiss on his cheek, "You too old man."