Chapter 8

Three Months Later
I stand in front of the new house with a small smile on my face. It is a faded green colour with a navy blue roof and guttering. There are two big beautiful bay windows facing the street and a small expanse of lawn out the front. The sun beams down from ahead, making it extremely hot today. A bead of sweat runs down my face and I run my hand over my face, wiping it away.

"Hey Ems, where do you want this?"

I turn and see a shirtless Opie and Jax standing at the end of the truck with a sofa in hand.

"Just dump it in the lounge room and I'll get to it later!" I instruct.

They nod and make their way into the house. The sunshine is beginning to get to me and my shirt sticks uncomfortably to me due to the sweat. I pull it up over my head and toss it to the ground, leaving me in my sports bra. I make my way over to the truck and grab a box, seeing it labelled as bedroom. I walk towards the house and hear Opie and Jax talking from the loungeroom. I turn the corner and place the box on the ground beside the others. I hear their footsteps coming down the hall as I stand up straight and crack my back. I turn and see Jax leaning against the doorframe, his eyes on me.

"Got a little hot there Darlin'?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"Relax Jax, it's just a bit of skin." I say, making my towards the door.

He doesn't move out of the way and my eyes meet his bare chest. I move them up until my eyes meet his and I feel my  breath hitch. He reaches his hand down and his fingers move my arm out of the way, revealing my side. He traces his fingers over the tattoo that is dedicated to him. When we were both fifteen, one of the guys at the club were getting a tattoo and Jax and I wanted one. Our parents agreed and soon we were in the chair. We both got each other's names and birthdays tattooed along our rib cages. Goosebumps form along my skin and I close my eyes at his touch.

"Do you remember when we go these?" He asks quietly.

I open my eyes and nod my head slowly, "How could I forget?"

I reach up and run my fingers along his rib cage, my name written there for all to see. I smile at the sight and my eyes meet his. I feel the tension in the room and I long to lean up on my toes and kiss him. I hear footsteps and soon Opie stands behind us with a box in his hand. He looks between us with a questioning gaze and I step out of Jax's touch.

"I'm not unloading this truck by myself." He says, walking off into the house.

I walk past Jax, our shoulders brushing as I walk out to the truck. A lot has happened over the last three months, so much happening with the club and me. I sold the house and quit my job, telling them I had to stay in Charming. They understood and wrote me an outstanding reference, which I used to get a job at Charming High School. Abel got out of hospital a few weeks ago and I've been helping Gemma with him as much as I can throughout the move, which I've really enjoyed. The club has been under a lot of heat from the ATF, especially by some bitch named Agent Stahl. She's been trying hard to get the club but hasn't been successful.

There has also been a lot of relationship strife between the club members. A woman named Cherry turned up with Juice which caused a whole stir amongst SAMCRO. Apparently when Clay, Jax and few other members went up to Indian Hills for a patch over, Clay slept with Cherry as payback to Kip who said a comment about Gemma. When she came into town, Gemma found out and assaulted her with a skateboard. Eventually things cleared up between the four and each couple is happy now.

Things in the club are hitting a high level of stress at the moment. The club has been in some finical trouble and a few nights ago someone tried to kill Clay when he had a meeting with the Irish. Luckily he turned out fine but his Irish associate wasn't so lucky, taking a bullet in the ass. He is fine now, thanks to the help of Tara but he has to stay hidden at the moment. Stahl has also been on a rampage and has had Luann, Otto's wife and Cherry arrested to get to the club.