Chapter 35

I roll over and reach my arm out across the bed, grasping at the empty sheets beside me. My eyes flutter open in confusion and I wonder where Jax is. I glance over at the beside clock and see that it's six thirty in the morning. I roll out of bed and make my way down the hallway, seeing the door to Thomas' room ajar.

I walk into the doorway and see Jax scribbling down into a small notebook, immersed in his own thoughts, "Morning." I mumble, folding my arms and leaning against the doorframe.

He glances up and pops his pen away before looking back up at me, "Morning." He whispers, his eyes wide.

"What're you writing?" I ask, walking further into the room.

"Just jotting some things down." He states as I lean against the chest of drawers, "What kinds of things?"

He remains quiet and a small smirk comes onto my face as I tilt my head to the side, "My badass biker is journaling?"

He closes the book and gets to his feet, "I gotta get ready." He says.

He leans over and places a long kiss on my lips and I reach my arms up and wrap them around his back. He pulls back and I look at him, "When will you be back?"

"A couple of days." He states.

A weird feeling overcomes me and I look him in the eye, "You really going down for a bike show?" I ask.

"You wanna know more." He says after a moment, confirming my fears.

I close my eyes and shake my head after a moment, "No, it's too early."

He nods and I rest my head against his chest and he buries his face in my hair, holding me tightly against him. We stay like that until I hear Thomas begin to grumble from his crib and we both look over towards him.

"I'll get him." I say, pulling back.

"You sure?" He asks and I nod my head, "Yeah, you go get ready and I'll get the kids going."

He smiles at me, "Look at you all Mom like. Who'd have thought we would be like this huh?" He asks as I walk over and pick up Thomas from the crib.

I chuckle and shake my head, "I certainly didn't. I mean I wanted too, but someone else kept having other plans." I say, looking over at him.

He smirks at me and I bite my lip before stepping forward, "I trust you... You know that right?"

He looks at me for a long moment before nodding his head, "Yeah I know."

"And you know that no matter what happens, I will always be by your side." I say.

His smile widens and he walks over, placing a sweet kiss on my lips before pulling back, "I love you."

"I love you too." I whisper.

Thomas begins to grumble again in my arms and Jax pulls away and looks down at the small boy, "Morning son." He whispers, placing a kiss on his forehead.

A smile comes to my face at the sight and he pulls away, giving me one more quick kiss before making his way out of the room to get ready. I stare after him for a moment and Thomas grumbles once more, regaining my attention, "Alright little man, let's go get you fed." I say, walking out of the room and going into the kitchen to begin the day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, you made any wedding plans yet?" Gemma asks as we drive through Charming.

I scoff and roll my eyes as I look out the windscreen, "Yeah right. With everything that's going on at the moment, planning a wedding is the least of our priorities."