Chapter 2

I turn down the long road and slow down as it comes into view. It's exactly the same as I remember, though much fuller than when I was last here. I park the car on the side of the road and get out, locking it behind me. I walk over the plush soft green grass as I make my way towards them. I walk through the rows and rows of cement headstones until I reach them. Their headstones have faded under the harsh light of the sun, dirt and leaves covering it. I brush it away, cleaning up before I take a seat in between them. It's been twelve years since I had last been here and I can't help but feel the twinge of guilt that I always get whenever I think about them.

"Hey Ma, Pa." I say looking between the two headstones.

"I know it's been a long time since I've visited and I'm sorry I didn't come sooner." I whisper, becoming emotional.

"A lot of things have changed since I was last here, though I'm not sure whether it's been good or bad." I say quietly.

"I'm back now, I'm not sure for how long but I'm back. I've gotta help out with the club for a little while, I don't know maybe it will do me some good." I say, feeling the tears begin to fall down my cheeks.

I look around the cemetery and wipe at my eyes. I sit there for a long time before I turn back to headstones, "I suppose I better take off."

I stand up from the ground and run my fingers along their headstones, "I'll see you later."

I walk along their rows of headstones towards my car when I see another one up ahead. I slow my walk as I stop in front of it. I give a small sad smile as I read the name, someone I haven't seen in a very long time.

"Hey old man." I whisper, kneeling down in front of the tombstone.

I wipe the dust away, John Thomas Teller.

I close my eyes as I think of one of my last good memories with the previous club president.

I sit on the picnic table out front of the club house waiting for my Dad to come back from a run with a few of the other club members. I read one of the books that's been assigned for school, though I'm not really paying attention to it.

"Whatcha reading there Ems?"

I look up and smile at the club president, "Hey old man." I smile, closing my book.

He chuckles at my nickname and wipes his hand on an old rag. He takes a seat beside me on the picnic bench and picks up the book, "To Kill A Mockingbird huh?"

I nod my head, "Yeah, it's really boring."

He chuckles, "Yeah well at least you do your homework, I haven't seen Jax read a book in years."

I roll my eyes, "Sounds like Jax."

He places the book down beside him and turns to me, "Why aren't you two hanging out at right now with Ope?"

"Ope's with Donna, which is fine. I really like her." I say, thinking of one of my best friends and his new girlfriend.

"And Jax?" He asks, raising his eyebrows.

I roll my eyes, "He's with that bitch Tara."

He chuckles and I shake my head, "I'm sorry."

"That's fine. Why's she a bitch?" He asks, tilting his head to the side.

I look down at the ground, "She's always looking down on me and being catty and snippy when Jax isn't around. But when he's there she's a perfect little angel." I sneer.