Chapter 37

Hey Guys,

The person pictured above is who I have cast as Mason, just so you can imagine him. Enjoy the chapter.

Marie

I read the letter over one more time and a spine chilling shiver runs through me at the words, I'm going to hurt you, then kill you, doctor bitch. I look back up to Tara and see her hand covered over her mouth as she watches me with the same expression.

"Could this be someone at work? A patient? Something that's happened to a kid?" I ask, musing aloud.

She gives me a look, "Do you really think this has anything to do with my work?" She asks.

I look at her for a moment, "Does David know?" I ask and she shakes her head.

I shake my head, "We should call Jax." I say.

"I'm calling the police." She states, walking towards her phone and I shake my head, "No." I say and she turns to face me.

"If this is the club, you get that new sheriff involved and everyone gets hurt. I'm gonna give Unser a call too." I say, pulling out my phone to call Jax.

"This is a death threat Emily, delivered to my front door." She says, looking scared for her life.

I nod my head, "I know..." I say and I quickly think up an idea, "We need to get you and David to the compound where you're safe."

"Normal people call the authorities when their lives are threatened." She states and I give her a look, "Tara, you don't have a normal life. Not anymore, you have this one."

"I just don't understand why this is happening to me. I mean I'm barely involved with the club anymore, why would they threaten me?" She asks, looking completely scared for her life.

I give her a long look before shrugging my shoulders, "I have no idea."

I hear Thomas begin to cry from his room and I glance back towards his room for a moment before turning back to her, "You mind helping Abel finish his breakfast while I get him?"

She nods her head and I stare at her for a moment longer before making my way back towards Thomas' room, tucking the letter in my back pocket. I pull out my phone and five Gemma a ring, which she answers quickly.

"Yeah baby?" She asks.

"I need you to come over now and bring the guys with you." I say.

"What's wrong?" She asks, her voice instantly protective.

"Tara got a death threat, we need to get her and David back to club as soon as possible." I say.

"Oh my God." She whispers before speaking again, "I'll be right over."

She hangs up the phone and I put my phone away before making my way over to Thomas. I pick him up and put him on the change table and begin to change his diaper and his clothes for the day. As I do this I can't help but let my mind run ramped. Things have been hectic with the club. Yesterday, Miles was killed. He apparently betrayed the club and juice was defending himself against him and killed him on the spot. With that and this new death threat I know that things are going from bad to worse and it's all because of this new line of business.

I hear the front door open and I wonder who it could be. I hear talking as I grab Thomas and make my way back out into the hallway when Gemma walks out, Abel screaming loudly for Jax.

"What the hell's going on?" I ask, entering the hallway.

"We gotta go, the club needs Tara." Gemma says with the diaper bag over her shoulder. I see that Opie is here, Chibs behind him with Abel in his arms.