Chapter 16

"They're jamming us. Seven figure bail, no court date? It's bullshit!" Gemma says to the club's lawyer.

Gemma, Tara and I sit in the clubhouse discussing getting Jax and the others out of jail. They went on a mission to get Zobel, however they didn't expect to find what they did. They went in guns blazing only to find it was a church gathering. They were arrested and are being held in Stockton with no way of us communicating with them. We are currently meeting with the club's lawyer to see if there's anything we can do to get them out, though things aren't looking so good at the moment.

"Apparently they have security tapes, women and children running for their lives." The lawyer states.

"You saw what happened to Otto, they got no protection." Gemma counters, mirroring all of our worry.

"I know." The lawyer nods dishearteningly.

"What if we had a bondsman?" Tara asks.

"Five hundred thousand a head at ten percent, you'd need three hundred grand to get the six of them out." He explains.

Gemma looks at him, "I can post the house."

"My Dad's too." Tara adds.

"I've still got money left over from the house and I can post mine as well." I say, looking hopefully at the lawyer.

"Well that's enough to get out Clay, maybe Jax and Bobby but that's it." He says.

Gemma shakes her head, "No. Clay won't leave them behind."

"I'm sorry Gemma." The lawyer apologises before pulling out a paper, "Clay needs you to call Laroy and deliver this message. ASAP. I never saw it, never gave it to you." He says before he gets up and walks away.

Gemma sighs and leans back into the lounge and I run my fingers through my hair, completely exhausted.

"What the hell are we gonna do? We can't leave them in there." Tara says.

Gemma nods, "I know... I think I might know someone who can help." She says and turns to me, "You mind taking Abel while I go sort this shit out?" She asks.

I nod my head, "Happy to. I think I'll go check up on Chibs as well, sit with him for awhile."

She nods her head and stands up, making her way out to her office. I turn and look at Tara, "How're you holding up?"

She shakes her head and I nod, "It doesn't get any easier I can tell you that."

She sighs and leans forward in her seat, "I just wish there was something I could do."

"We all do." I say, getting up from my seat.

I make my way outside and see Opie standing in the driveway with his two kids looking at him. I walk over to him and turn to the kids, "Hey you two."

They smile brightly at me, "Hey Emily."

"What are you two doing here?" I ask, stopping beside Opie.

"Grandma is going to check on Grandpa and we get to spend the day with Dad." Kenny explains.

I turn and look at Opie who doesn't exactly have the largest smile on his face at the news. He looks at me and nods for me to speak privately with him. I follow him the few steps and wait for him to talk.

"Look, I'm swamped here with all the guys gone. Plus Clay's got me doing a job for the club. I can't look after them." He says.

I raise my eyebrows at him, "So what are you going to do Ope?" I ask, tilting my head to the side.