Chapter 27

We are all gathered at the dining table in our living space, me sitting next to Opie and Gemma. I sip at my green tea and listen to Jax as he informs us about his latest conversation with Father Ashby, "Kellan needs us to prove Jimmy blew up that gun truck."

"And what about Abel?" Gemma asks.

"Same promise. Get Jimmy, we get Abel." He says.

"We start with O'Neil." Clay states and Jax nods, "Yeah, him and Jimmy's guys were the only ones not in that barn."

"Any remote detonator could have covered that distance." Opie informs us, "It had to be him."

"O'Neil's our officer. We call him out as a rat, we pretty much condemn the whole charter." Bobby says.

"I think it's time we start looking at that. How do we know Jimmy didn't turn others? That rat bastard-" Clay begins when he gets cut off.

"Cause my boys are loyal to the MC." McGee states, walking into the room, "You are right about O'Neil. Ties became more important than the patch."

"Well that's not what you told me." Clay raises his voice at him.

"Cause I like to give my boys the benefit of the doubt Clay. But after yesterday there's no doubt left. He's gone, his flat's empty and he's got to be with Jimmy." McGee says.

"Son of a bitch!" Chibs yells.

"Look, I'll take care of O'Neil. SAMBEL will take care of the betrayal but we need to get you to end and to put a bullet in Jimmy." McGee says.

Jax shakes his head, "Only way I get my son back is if we find O'Neil and make that bitch tell the truth."

McGee looks at him for a moment before nodding, "Right, right. So I guess it's the truth we're after. Let's go talk to Cherry."

We get up and make our way towards the shop were Cherry is working. I walk with Gemma while the guys pile into the front of the shop, "Need to find O'Neil." Clay says to her.

"Why, what happened?" She asks and McGee looks at her, "Liam's in some trouble Cherry."

"You're old man was responsible for that blast yesterday." Jax says and she shakes her head, "No. Liam loves the club."

"We just gotta find him, get the truth." Bobby states and she gives him a look, "I know what that means. You gonna kill him?" She asks.

"He'll get his say." Clay says.

"I don't know anything okay. He didn't come home last night, he hasn't called." She says.

"He got family? Some place he might lay low." Jax asks and she shakes her head, "No. I mean the club is his only family."

She looks around at all of us, "I'm sorry, I really have no idea."

Jax shakes his head, "Let's go turn over his apartment." He says before walking out of the room with the others close behind.

Gemma and I stay put and she turns to Cherry, "Hold on."

She walks forward to Cherry, "Did you hear what happened to Half Sack?" She asks.

Cherry nods, "Yeah."

"You know O'Neil's connected to that right?" Gemma says.

"Bullshit." Cherry argues, looking at her in disbelief.