Chapter 33

I stand in the garage with Gemma behind me, moving things out of the way for me to grab the high chair. I trip over something and let out a curse, "Shit! Who knew we had so much crap in this garage?!" I hiss, finally grabbing the high chair.

Gemma lets out a chuckle, "No matter how much time you spend cleaning it out, you always end up with more and more."

"Great." I mutter before going to walking out of the room.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" She asks and I turn back to look at her, "Yeah?"

She takes a step towards me, pulling a piece of paper out of her pocket, "Mind telling me what this is?"

I put the chair down and grab the piece of paper off of her and read it over, recognising Maureen Ashby's note that came with the letters. I look up at her, "Where did you get this?"

"It fell out of one of Abel's colouring books. What letters?" She asks, her eyes on me.

I shake my head confused, "I don't know, I haven't seen these in almost a year. I went looking for them a few months ago but I couldn't find them." I say as I look down at the paper once more.

"Did you read them?" She asks and I shake my head, "No, I was beginning to read them on the night the guys got arrested but then everything with Opie and Mason happened and I never got around to it."

"When was the last time you saw them?" She asks as she takes the paper off of me and I squint my eyes, thinking back.

"I remember coming out from the bathroom when Tara was here and I saw Abel playing with them. I took them off of him and placed them on the table. That was the last time I saw them." I say.

I look at her and see her deep in thought, "Everything alright?"

She nods her head, "Everything's fine baby." She says quickly.

"You sure?" I ask and she nods her head, "Yeah baby."

I give her a look for a moment before I pick up the chair once more and we make our way into the kitchen and I see Jax and Clay in deep talk. They stop once they see us as I clip the leg of the chair on the door and I roll my eyes frustratedly. Jax scrunches his eyebrows up at me, "You using that?" He asks.

I nod my head, "Yeah, it's Abel's old one." I say, Clay leaning over to grab it off of me.

"It's a piece of shit, by a new one." He says and I look at him, "Really?"

He nods his head, "Yeah."

I look over at it before turning back to him, "Well we should probably put it in storage just in case one of the guys needs it." I say and he gives me a smirk, "Okay, keys in the junk drawer"

"Okay." I smile before turning and walking towards our room.

I look through the drawer and grab them out. I look up at the dresser and see my engagement ring and a smile comes to my face. I quickly slip the ring onto my finger before making my way back into the room and I hear the doorbell, "Looks like people are arriving." I say.

Gemma gives me a smile and turns to Clay, "Get the door babe."

He gives her a sweet smile and turns to leave when Abel runs into his legs, "Hey, watch it there buddy." He chuckles, ruffling up the kids hair.

I chuckle as he walks in and over to Gemma, "How's my boy?" She asks and I smile.

I turn and see Chibs, Piney and Bobby walk in, Tig, Kozack, Juice and Happy not too far behind them. I smile as Chibs walks over and wraps his arm around me, "Hello my beautiful girl." He says, giving me a quick kiss and I smile, "Hello my handsome man." I smile back.