N i n e t e e n

Lucas' POV

Earlier in Timothy's room:
Lucas helped Timothy put on his socks and rain boots as Timothy sat on his bed gazing down at him.

"We're gonna go somewhere, but don't tell your mom."

"Ok. And just FYI I'm really good at keeping secrets." Timothy said nodding.

"That's good. Now come on, lets sneak out."

Present:
Timothy hopped off the front steps of the apartment with his little rain boots, "Where are we really going?"

"We are going to the jewelry store." I told him grasping his tiny hand in my palm.

"Why?"

"Because...in order for two people to get married they need engagement rings."

Timothy's eyes widened, "Are you gonna marry mommy?!?"

"If that's alright with you." I smiled slightly.

"Why wouldn't I want you to marry mom? I mean I've been waiting for this to happen for months! I ship Lucaya."

"Lucaya?" I asked.

"Yeah, that's your ship name."

"Oh cool...So you'll help me pick out the ring?"

"YES!! I know what mommy likes too."

As we walked up to the glass double doors to Tiffany's, Timothy tripped on the sidewalk and fell on his stomach, "Ouch! How embarrassing..." Timothy mumbled glancing around at the crowd of people.

"Are you ok, buddy?" I asked concerned wiping off his jeans.

"Yeah, I just hope no one saw that." Timothy said embarrassed.

"No one saw. You're good." I smiled picking Timothy up.

"Are you ok, sir?" The door man to Tiffany's asked, "Do you need any ice for your knees? I saw you fall."

Timothy's eyes widened and his cheeks became red, "Told you someone saw." He whispered.

"Oh no he's alright." I smiled walking into the jewelry store.

My eyes searched around to find engagement rings, what's the difference from engagement rings and regular rings? This is so confusing.

"How about this one?" Timothy said pointing to a ring, "I like those spiral thingies."

"How about we look at a few more, buddy?"

Timothy and I scanned the aisles of rings and Timothy looked closely at the rings and put his hands on the glass leaving an imprint.

"Excuse me, sir? I'm going to have to ask you to not press your fingers on the glass." The man behind the counter said politely.

"Oh, sorry. But how am I supposed to look closely at the rings?"

"Which one would you like to look at?"

"This one." Timothy said pointing. I saw the one he pointed at and tried not to faint at the price. It was a nice simple one.

"Dad, I think mom would like this one." Timothy said.

"Yeah, I think so too. But-"