T w e n t y

10 months later
Authors POV

"Do you, take Lucas Friar to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do." Maya smiled.

"And do you, take Maya Hunter to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

"You may now kiss the bride."

Maya paused and looked at Riley, "Just do it!" Riley yelled.

"Riley I'm not gonna kiss Timothy's dinosaur."

"Well how else are you gonna practice for the big day???"

Maya sat the dinosaur on the couch and rolled herself up into a knitted blanket, "Riley, let me live."

The front door opened, "Hey girls." Lucas kicked the door closed behind him holding grocery bags. Maya's eyes lit up and ran towards Lucas.

"Aw Lucas! You went to the store? I'm so proud of you." Maya said putting her arms around him.

"And, I got you moca chip ice cream." Lucas said handing Maya the tub of goodness.

"OH. MY. GOSH. I LOVE YOU. But I love Moca Chip more...this is where our relationship ends, right here, right now." Maya smiled kissing Lucas on the cheek. She reached in the utensil drawer and pulled out a spoon. She quickly walked towards the bathroom with her ice cream.

"Where are you going with that ice cream?" Riley asked with wide eyes, "Hey, I like moca chip ice cream too!" Maya was standing at the bathroom door, turned around, she smiled a sweet smile then slammed the door. Lucas and Riley hear the water from the tub turn on.

"You know you're marring a cranky old lady right?" Riley said playfully.

"Dad!" Timothy's eyes lit up and ran towards Lucas.

"Hey buddy! How was school today?" Lucas asked picking up Timothy.

"Lacy played with me during recess so it was a good day." Timothy smiled, "Dad I have to tell you something. I've been keeping it inside me for a billion days and I can't keep it in anymore. It's like when you hold your fart too long and then you-"

"Timothy you don't have to explain...all that-but what's your secret?" Lucas said leaning in.

Timothy glanced at Riley who was eager to hear his 'big secret'.

Timothy took a deep breath, "I'm in love with Lacy." Timothy confessed then quickly putting his hands over his lips.

"Oh-buddy I hate to break it to you but I already knew that."

"You did??" Timothy's cheeks turned a bright shade of pink.

"The whole neighborhood knows, Timothy." Riley shrugged.

"HOW?"

"I think your song "I Love Lacy, I Want To Marry Her Someday" that you sing in the bathtub every morning, may have given it away." Riley chuckled.

"Timothy are you and Lacy dating yet? Did you tell her how you feel?" Maya comes out from her bath in her aquamarine robe holding the empty ice cream container.

"You ATE the entire thing?!" Riley gasps pointing to Maya walking blissfully to the kitchen.

"What can I say, Moca Chip makes me hungry." Maya licks the spoon slowly leaving both Riley and Lucas smirk at her. Maya tossed the empty ice cream tub in the trash and fell on the couch supporting her head with Riley's lap.

Riley looked at her watch and quickly walked to Maya's bedroom leaving Mays's head unsupported. "What are you doing?" Maya asked groggily supporting her head on the palm of her hand.

"We need to meet the wedding planner in 10 minutes." She said walking out of the bedroom holding wedges and a sundress. "Go brush your teeth Maya." Riley said helping Maya off the couch.

"Yes mom." Maya rolled her eyes while sliding off the couch. Riley handed her her clothes and toothbrush. "Thank you." Maya said pouting her lip out.

"It's like taking care of a grown infant." Riley said fixing the couch.

"Haha but you gotta admit, she's the cutest grown infant that has ever lived."

Maya walked out of the bathroom with mouthwash in her mouth and gurgled while singing the A-B-Cs. She closed her mouth and walked to the kitchen to spit it out. "Ok, ready!" She smiled. "Timothy i'm leaving!" Maya said holding out her arms for a goodbye hug.

Timothy ran out his room and jumped into Maya's arms, Maya pointed to a spot on her cheek gesturing for Timothy to kiss her goodbye. "Be good. Do good." She pressed her nose against his and he smiled, "I will."

"Maya, five minutes!" She said pointing to her watch.

"Ok! Bye boys." She blew Lucas and Timothy kisses while shutting the door and linking arms with Riley.

Hello!! I'm so so so sorry it took me so long to update but I can assure you this story isn't over quite yet. Thank you ALL for reading this story. It means the world that you all like it 💞 MORE CHAPTERS COMING SOON!!
-Amelie