T w e l v e

2 days later
Lucas' POV
The sound of rolling wheels was heard across the hallway. Zay huffed as he strained to carry his bags.  "Why'd you drag me here??? I turned down a Brazilian model for you!" Zay scoffed dragging his bags through the door.

"Nice to see you too." I smile as I help him with his bags. Zay looks around the apartment.

"Look man, I'm happy to see you, really, but I'm jet lagged, hungry, and need to finish watching Pride and Prejudice!" Zay ran to the kitchen and grabbed a cereal box.

It was 12pm and I was suppose to move out of Amanda's yesterday...I didn't have a place to stay so she let me crash on her couch.

"This cereal isn't half bad." Zay said looking at the lucky charms box, "A little stale though." He said as he chewed.

"Ok so the reason I called you here was, to help me jog my memory a little. You know Maya right?"

"Do I know her?? Dang man you really did lose your memory."

"The point is I need to remember. Can you help me?"

"Hey Lucas do you know where the lucky charms are?-oh look you have a friend over." Amanda forced a smiled when she saw Zay with his face in the cereal box.

"Oh you mean this box?" Zay smiled with his mouth full, "Who is she??" Zay whispered to me with Amanda still standing there.

"This is Amanda my ex, Amanda meet Zay, my best friend." I looked down rubbing the back of my neck.

"Ex? Oh no...well this is awkward. And you're living here? Still? Dude, this is some crazy stuff. Why didn't you tell me?"

"It was complicated. I haven't found a place yet, so Amanda is letting me stay with her till I find one."

"You know he ain't leaving anytime soon right?" Zay said to Amanda, "Lucas, just stay with me."

"Really? Thanks!"

"You're lucky Amanda, I just saved you." Zay elbowed Amanda.

Amanda looked a little confused and uncomfortable...I mean Zay did just have his face in her lucky charms. "Uh-ok. Can you get your stuff out by tonight?"

"Yes."

"Hey Amanda...you know I'm single and you, apparently, are single too. Would you like to, I don't know, go on a date sometime?" Zay asked fawning over Amanda. Amanda smiled awkwardly.

"You know that would be nice." Amanda laughed.

"Really? Great! I thought you'd say no! This Friday good with you?"

"Yeah, see you on Friday!" Amanda waved going to her room.

"A'ight! See you!" Zay waved. I looked at him in complete shock at what just happened, "What?"

"I can't believe you just did that."

"You guys broke up didn't you? She's available, so I took the opening."

"We broke up two days ago."

"Well then, she moved on fast. Looks like she didn't like you that much."