T w e n t y - s i x

Authors POV

Maya walked swiftly down the streets of New York with her wedding dress swung over her shoulder with a smile on her face. The fact that she was getting married in 2 days was sinking in and the wedding jitters finally hit her. You would have thought she was Riley just by her skipping through the rose garden and the twirl she did on Spring Street.

Maya's daydreaming was interrupted my coins clanking in a jar. She saw Timothy sitting on the last step to their apartment reaching his jar out to pedestrians, "Please help an adorable, sweet child be able to go to the Dinosaur Conversion so the girl he loves won't be stolen by a less adorable, sweet child!!" He just about lost it. At least he's being honest Maya thought.

She grabbed 5 dollars outta her pocket and dropped it in his jar. He looks at the $5 in his jar smiling and looked up at Maya only for his smile to drop and his eyes to look at the floor, "Oh hello there random lady I do not know." He huffed.

"Oh, you're disowning me now?" Maya laughed, "I see how it's gonna be." Maya walked up the steps and turned back to Timothy, "Quick tip kid: people love an Adorable, cute kid who performs." His eyes lit up and a smile formed on his face, "Thanks mom." He smiled. Maya sighed, thankful she wasn't some random lady to him anymore. She wished him good luck and went in the apartment. Lucas was sitting on the kitchen counter keeping an eye on Timothy, "I told him to do a lemonade stand but he refused because it was something girls do." Lucas laughed.

"Well at least he's trying, right?" I smiled hanging my dress on my bedroom door.

"Are my mom and Riley back yet?" I asked checking the time, "they have been running for like 2 hours."

The front door opened to my mom and Riley laughing while holding smoothies from that healthy juice bar down the street, "-and then I was like sorry lady this is my cat, go find yo self your own!" The two girls started dying from laughter, "I don't even have a cat! I was holding a hamster!" Katy and Riley fell on the couch laughing so hard they could have formed six-packs right there.

"Seems you two had a good time, but y'all smell so get in the shower. Mom you first." Maya pointed toward the bathroom.

"Ok mom." Katy joked.

"Why is Timothy sitting outside like a homeless person?" Riley asked sipping her smoothie.

"He wants to go to some dinosaur convention but tickets cost $200. I told him if he wanted to go so bad he'd work for the money." Maya said nonchalant.

"$200?! That should be illegal."

"I know right? It's so stupid and the only reason he wants to go so bad is because Lacy is going with another kid, a boy."

"WHAT? How could lacy do that to poor Timothy?" Riley furrowed her brows, "Maya, just buy Timothy the ticket and say it's an early birthday present."

"Riley, we don't just have money lying around. We can barely pay for rent let alone this wedding!" Maya ran her hands through her hair and looked out the kitchen window toward Timothy, "I'd do anything for that kid, But a roof over his head and food on the table are my top priority."

Riley walked over to maya and gave her a long hug, "Timothy is so lucky to have you."

"Thanks peaches."

Maya grabbed an apple and sat on the kitchen counter next to Lucas who was reading a parenting book.

Riley sat on the counter and swung her feet back and forth thinking, "Maya?"

"Yeah." She said chewing her apple.

"I'm going to buy Timothy that ticket to go to the convention." She smiled.

"Riley..." Maya started but Riley already knew that face.

"Don't say no, I want to do this. I don't have any kids, Maya. I still live with my parents and I just want to do something for someone other than myself. Please let me." She had her hands together at her chin waiting for Mays's answer.

Maya looked at Riley ready to say no but remembered how much Timothy wanted this. Riley was now on her knees begging Maya to let her, "Ok fine!!"

"YES! I'll go with him too so he will be safe and I'll tell you all about him and lacy!!" Riley clapped her hands and went outside to tell Timothy the good news.

Maya turned to Lucas and rolled her eyes, "She's just going for the kindergarten drama."

Seconds later Lucas and Maya hear a squeal from Timothy, "YASSSSSSSS!"

Timothy and Riley walked back in the apartment and got ready for the convention.

• Later that night •

Katy, Lucas and Maya stayed in and ordered Thai food. They talked about the wedding and the new baby.

"So do you think it's a girl or a boy??" Katy asked pulling her hands together  on the table.

"Oh I don't know! I can't really tell at this point but I have my first doctors appointment on Wednesday... Lucas what do you think? A boy or a girl?"

Lucas turned to Maya and analyzed her making her blush, "Well, you are glowing so it might be a boy again," He said, "but then again your skin is softer than usual and your breasts have gotten bigger quite quickly." He chuckled.

"I vote for a girl!" Katy smiled, "I want a granddaughter!!"

Just then the door on to the front door jiggled and there walked in Riley holding a sleeping Timothy, "Hi." Riley whispered.

"Hey, how was it?" I whispered back.

"It was really good, we had a good time!" Riley smiled, "I'm going to take him to bed."

Riley tip-toed out of Timothy's room and noticed her eyes getting glossed with tears, "Maya, I love your kid. You don't know how much you lucked out with this child." She sniffed.

"Aw Peaches," I wrapped my arms around her, "why are you crying?"

"Because," she pulled away and plopped on the couch, "I have always been afraid of having the responsibility of another human-I mean I can barely keep my plants alive!"

"Riley you have fake plants.."

"But I still manage to kill them by either dropping them or letting the plastic melt in the sun..." she frowned, "The point is, today I realized that maybe I am ready to get married and have kids." She shrugged, "The joy I felt today was something that I didn't know I was missing in my life and now it's something I don't want to live without."

What Riley was saying was true. I was lucky. I have an amazing child, a caring soon-to-be husband and a baby on the way...I have everything I could ever ask for in life. "Finally." Maya thought, "I'm happy."

Honestly I feel this chapter was really good! The words just flowed right out of me and it turned out so beautiful! Thank you for 51k!! Keep commenting! (I love reading what you all have to say about the book! Good + Bad ♥️♥️♥️
Amelie 🌹