E l e v e n

Lucas' POV

It was 1:30 pm when I got home from Maya's house, I thought it was nice getting to know her. Just thinking about her made me feel giddy.

"So, how'd it go?" Amanda asked startling me. I turn around to see Amanda sitting on the armrest of her chair.

"Good." I swallow hard trying to not look suspicious.

"Aren't you gonna tell me what happened?" Amanda questioned folding her arms. Man, I didn't really feel like unloading this on her now. I was going to tell her next thing in the morning, but I didn't know how I was going to tell her. She's starting to look angry, quick change the subject! No one word response, ok go!

"Yeah." I say nonchalant, hoping she knew I didn't want to talk right now. But she pressed on.

"Well?" Amanda asked, eyebrows raising, "What happened?" She tapped her foot and I knew she was getting impatient with me. Ok you have two options: run! or tell her the truth. I can't tell her now, she'll hate me! But if I don't I'll never get to be with Maya or Timothy.

"Well, it turns out Maya and I were engaged." My voice wobbled. I hope she knows how difficult this is for me. I closed my eyes because I could not bare to see her face.

"Oh."

I could hear the disappointment in her voice. I opened my eyes slowly and took a deep breath. Okay here it goes, the big one.

"And...I have a kid." I tried not to make eye contact. I expected her to at least say oh again but she was speechless, "Amanda?" Please don't be mad.

"You uh have a kid. Wow. You're a dad. That's great." She forced a smile and I could see she was trying really hard to sound sincere but I knew she was more upset than anything else. I mean if I found out Maya was with another man and they had a kid together, I wouldn't be upset, I'd be heartbroken.

"Yeah It's so weird. I-look I'm sorry this was so sudden, I didn't want to unload this on you now. I had no idea I swear." I bit my lip and stepped closer to her. "I just don't remember-"

"Lucas, really?" Amanda stood up abruptly.

"Oh no." I murmur under my breath.

"How could you not remember?!" Amanda exclaimed moving away from me. "Gosh, that is going to be your excuse for everything isn't it?"

"Amanda," I sigh, I really didn't want to lose my patience with her but she was wearing me thin, "I know this is crazy, I do I know it is...but Maya-"

"What does Maya have that I don't have?" Amanda exclaimed.

"My son!" I yell finally feeling my anger boil over. "I love Maya, Amanda."

"You don't even know her!" Amanda yelled back.

"Don't you think I should try to get to know her? I mean she's the mother of my child that I didn't even know I had! I was once in love with her...I don't remember why exactly but don't you think I should give her a chance?" I asked, calming down. I didn't like to raise my voice and yell.

"She's practically your wife. I can't tell you to be with her when you know it's the right thing to do." She sighed, combing back my hair. "It's your decision to make, not mine."

"I don't want you to feel hurt. I want to make sure that you'll be okay." I say cupping her face gently like an older brother.

"See, that is why I will always love you. Because you care more about others feelings than your own." Amanda smiled wiping her teary eyes. "Don't worry about me, ok? I'll be fine."