T w e n t y - n i n e

Authors POV

It was 10:15 am. The day before the wedding. The girls were bubbling with excitement as they packed Everything they needed for the following day.

"Come on Timothy we are going to be late for check-in!" Maya yelled hauling her big luggage of crap she'd need for the wedding into Riley's mint blue Prius, "Mom? Riley? Let's go!"

"I'm coming!" Timothy said hoping off the steps of the apartment rolling his little dinosaur backpack close behind him.

"Alright I have my dress, makeup, hair stuff and clothes for the trip!" Maya smiled proudly running her hands through her hair.

"What am I going to do when you go to the moon made of honey?" Timothy asked saltily.

"First of all, it's called a honeymoon and second, you my dear, are going to stay with aunt Riley and I know you will have the best time. You know why? Because you'll be with your uncle Auggie and he is the coolest kid I know." Maya smiled warmly, kissing the top of Timothy's head.

"Hey I thought I was the coolest kid you knew." Riley said setting fresh roses in the trunk of the car.

"No, you are the coolest adult I know. And my very best friend." Maya smiled sending an air kiss to Riley.

"Alright y'all, let's get this show on the road!" Katy exclaimed sitting in the drivers seat. "Now rehearsal doesn't start for another 2 hours so that will give us enough time to set Maya's glam products up and look around The Plaza... I still can't believe you booked The Plaza! That place is so magical."

"It was all Riley." Maya said from the passenger seat, reaching for Riley's hand, "If it wasn't for her connections to the owner, we would be getting married in who knows where."

"Aw well I can't take all the credit. Farkle is the one with the connections." Riley blushed.

"I can't wait to see Farkle. I haven't seen him in forever." Maya said trying to think of there last time she saw him.

"Will there be a flower girl?" Timothy asked out of the blue.

"Yeah, why?" Riley asked.

"Nothing... just wondering." He shrugged.

"Ah looking for a new girlfriend, are we?" Maya teased.

"Hey I've gotta keep my options open." He said plainly.

"Oooh you playaaaa!" Riley said smacking Timothy's arm.

It took the girls (and Timothy) about 15 minutes to get to the plaza. As soon as they checked in and set up everything in the room, it was already 11:30 am.

"Ok the rehearsal starts in about 30 minutes so let's get changed for that." Maya said taking out a red floral wrap dress.

"Why does there have to be a rehearsal for a wedding? I thought all you had to do was put a ring on it and party." Timothy asked confused.

"Dude, I thought so too." Maya breathed, "Turns out there's a lot of planning that goes into a wedding... which is why you always aim to get married once."

"Yeah, weddings are hard to plan. Thank god I only had to kinda plan one." Katy laughed with her hand on her hip, "Kermit and I didn't have very much money so we just went down to the court house and put a ring pop on. My mom was not happy." Katy laughed reminiscing.

"That's sad but then you had a real wedding with grandpa Shawn, right?" Timothy asked sympathetically.

"I mean if you'd call getting married on the roof of an apartment with Shawn's middle school teacher as the priest than, yes."

Timothy just nodded staring blankly at Katy.

"Anyway, guys we have to go." Riley reminded pointing at the clock which read 11:55.

As they made their way to the rehearsal, Timothy ran down the hallway imitating an airplane while the three girls linked arms.

As the girls (& Timothy) made their way to the lobby, Maya's mind was racing with thoughts of Lucas. With everything that they have been through, they still managed to find their way back to each other. If that isn't true love, I don't know what is.

I am still very shocked that people actually read my books... it makes my heart flutter 💗 I'm grateful for each and every one of you. THANK YOU

Yours truly,
Amelie 🌺

PS
Story isn't over yet 😉