S i x

Maya's POV
"Hey Riley can you watch Timothy for a few hours?" I asked walking through her door on a Sunday morning.

"Sure."

"Come on Timothy we can watch some cat videos." Riley said grabbing Timothy's hand and leading him to the couch.

"Thanks Riles!" I said closing her front door. I stopped by a flower shop and got a bouquet of flowers. As I was walking down the sidewalk I thought I saw Lucas...I did a double take and focused my eyes, it wasn't him. I've been seeing him everywhere. In my dreams, on the streets...I touched my necklace and took a deep breath, "calm down Maya." I told myself.

Before I knew it I made it to my destination. Greenwich Village Cemetery. I opened the gate and walked to Lucas' grave. I starred at it for a while. I was about to walk away cause I felt myself starting to cry but I stopped myself. I took a deep breath and blinked a few times to flush the tears out of my eyes, "Hi Lucas." I started, "How are you?" I smiled, "This is so stupid. I thought maybe coming to visit you will help...but it's just making things worse."

"I really miss you, Timothy asks me about you all the time." I smiled, "He loves hearing about you. His favorite story is of you riding tombstone...and how we fell in love. It's my favorite story too. I really loved you...I still do." I felt the tears creeping up on me again, I ran my hands through my hair and took a deep breath.

"Why did you have to go?" I blurted out, "I needed you and you left. Who does that?" I scoffed, "I know, it wasn't your fault."

"You know the hardest day of my life was when you left, cause I knew there was a chance I would never see you again. You promised me you would come back and you didn't. You promised me you would stay safe and you didn't! My biggest fear was losing you, and I lost you."

I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand and saw that I had ruined my mascara-great, I set the bouquet of flowers next to his grave, "Happy Birthday, I will always have an undying love for you Lucas Friar." I walked quickly out of the cemetery and accidentally bumped into someone, "oh I'm sorry." I said wiping my eyes, I looked up to see who it was and it was him. Lucas. I kept walking and scratched my head...I must have been hallucinating or something. I looked back and he was still looking at me. I couldn't make out the face anymore but it couldn't have been him. He's dead.
***
Back at Riley's house
"Riley!" I yell walking into her apartment.

"We're in here!" Riley yelled from her room, "what is it?" She popped her head out from the doorframe.

"I saw him-I saw Lucas. He's alive."

Oh my goodness this story is getting good, I mean I'm excited!
Sorry it's so short compared to all my other chapters 😹 Comment below! Seriously I love to hear what you guys think! 💗