F o u r

Maya's POV

"How was school?"

"It was ok." Timothy responded, "today was better than yesterday cause Lacey played with me."

"What'd I tell ya? It just take some time, kid." I smiled nudging him.

"Today Ms. Bird gave the class homework, can you help me?" Timothy asks squinting his eyes from the suns light.

"What? Preschoolers have homework?"

"Yeah." Timothy pulled the worksheet out from his little backpack and handed me the paper as we walked down the sidewalk.

"Four year olds are learning how to add and subtract?" I asked shocked

"Four and a half." Timothy corrected.

"Dang." I handed Timothy the paper, "I'll help you tonight, we are going to pick up some Mac N Cheese at the store and going to aunt Riley's house."

"Yay!" Timothy was jumping up and down, "MAC N CHEESE!"

We walked into the store and Timothy grabbed a basket, "thanks kid." I smiled

"Ok...where is the Mac N Cheese." I scanned the isles.

"Can we get Nutella too?" Timothy asked as his eyes got wide.

"What kind of mother would I be if I didn't get you Nutella." I said grabbing the jar.

Timothy shrugged, "Oh! Found the Mac N' Cheese!" He ran down the isle to find the kind he liked.

"Oooh tortillas...ill be right here Timothy!" I walked to the end of the isle looking for corn tortillas.

"Ok." He said focused on the box on the top shelf.

Authors POV

Timothy reached for a box on the 5th shelf on his tippy toes, "almost got it!" He told himself. The box was just about to fall on his face causing him to fall back...but someone caught him.

"You ok buddy?" The tall man asked.

"Yeah I'm ok...I just wish I was taller." He frowned.

The man set Timothy on the ground and handed him the box of mac N' Cheese.

"What's your name?" The man asked.

"Timothy." He smiled.

"That's a cool name, I'm Lucas." He smiled extending his arm to Timothy.

Timothy glanced at Lucas' basket, "You like Mac N' Cheese too?" Timothy smiled widened.

"Who doesn't like Mac N' Cheese?" Lucas smiled.

"Timothy you ready?" Maya called from down the isle.

"Yeah!" Timothy yelled back, "It was nice meeting you mister." Timothy waved running down the isle.

"Who were you talking to?" Maya asked grabbing Timothy's hand.

"A stranger." Timothy said plainly.

Maya's eyes widened, "what did I tell you about talking to strangers?!?"

"Not to talk to them."

"Exactly, so why do it anyway?'

"he helped get my box of Mac N Cheese." Timothy scratched his nose.

"okay," she kneeled in front of him, "sweetie next time if you need help, ask me." Maya smiled.

Timothy looked behind her shoulder and waved. Maya looked confused for a moment.

"Timothy, look at me. What do you do if we are in the store and you need help?"

"To go ask you." Timothy responds.

"yes, that's right. do you understand now?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"good. let's go." Maya held on to Timothy's hand as they walked up to the cash register. Little did Maya know that when Timothy looked behind her shoulder, Lucas walked right past her holding a box of Mac N Cheese.
I'm really glad you guys like this story! Thanks christina_marie1205 for the advertisement! ❤️
Comment below!