S e v e n

Maya's POV
"Peaches, look-I know you miss him. I get it-I do, I miss him too. But you have to really think about this. He's not alive Maya. I mean didn't you see his grave? We went to his funeral." Riley got up from the couch, "Here drink some water, maybe you were just dehydrated...Once I got up too quickly and fainted cause I didn't drink enough water..."

I sighed, "You are probably right...it's just-it felt so real." I took a sip of my water and rested my head on my hand, "When I bumped into him, I looked into his eyes. I wasn't hallucinating."

"Even if he was alive...wouldn't he have come home, I don't know, five years ago?"

"I don't know Riley, I really don't know." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, it probably wasn't even him anyways, "How's Timothy doing?" I ask changing the subject.

"He's good, he's taking a nap in the other room."

Lucas' POV

I was walking down the street on a Sunday morning, I really want some pizza right now...I hope there are pizza places over here. Well I mean there probably are pizza places here, I am in New York...I was so concentrated on my craving for pizza I wasn't looking where I was going.

"Oh! I'm sorry!" A girl said wiping her eyes, she had tear stains on her face.

"Are you ok?" I asked looking into her eyes. Then it clicked, I remember those eyes, and that face...she was the girl in my dreams...she's real? She slowly backed away giving me a confused look on her face, I looked up at the archway she was coming from...Greenwich Village Cemetery, Considering she came from a cemetery she's probably not ok...

"Wait!" I called after her, but by the time I called her name, she was already around the corner.
***
"Lucas? Is that you?" Amanda called from the kitchen.

"Yeah." I called back.

"Oh good! I was thinking we could watch the notebook! Have you ever seen it?"

"Uhhh...if I did I don't remember." I shrugged.

When I was in the war I lost my memory and had PTSD. All I could remember was my first name. I was in the infirmary for 2 months but then had to be flown to New York for proper care. Amanda was one of the volunteers at the hospital, at the time she was getting her teaching degree. her parents own the hospital. I was able to leave after 10 months, but I didn't have a place to stay so Amanda let me stay with her. We grew closer and soon became a couple...I proposed to her after 3 years. She's nice and cares about me, I've never had that before...well that I could remember.

"Either we can watch The Notebook or you can help me grade papers...grading as in putting smiley face stickers on paper." Amanda laughed.

"We can do both? Stickering and watch a movie?"

"Sure." She smiled.

As we grades papers, I was reading what the kids wrote, they were short stories about if they could have one wish what would they use that one wish on...most of the kids wished for toys or super powers, "Who's this kid?" I asked showing Amanda a paper.

"If I had one wish I would wish to have a daddy."

I looked at the name and it said "Timothy Hart".

"That's Timothy, his mom works at the middle school a few blocks from the preschool, I didn't see a ring on her finger so I'm assuming she's a single mother...hey, why don't you come in and volunteer? Then you can see what I do all day!" Amanda smiled.

"Sure, I'd love to."

I'm so sorry to leave this chapter on a 'kinda' cliffhanger! This chapter is the start of EVERYTHING!
Comment below! 💗
-Amelie