"Should I perform CPR on you now or?" Harry asks, unable to help himself and bursting into laughter as well, throwing his head back and pressing his palm to his stomach.

"According to David, you'd only kill me faster so, no thanks." 

"Well I should practice mouth to mouth, don't you think?" He quickly retorts, making me laugh.

"I'm cold," he says, wrapping his arms around himself to somehow warm himself, his teeth chattering.

"I know. The right thing to do would be to get our clothes off, but we have nothing to change into," I say. "It's a risk to stay in this, but we don't have much choice."

He nods, slowly pushing himself up into a standing position. He looks down at me then gives me his hand to assist me and I grab it, taking him by surprise and tugging him down. He falls to his knees with a surprised gasp, my laughter rumbling around us as I quickly stand up.

"Wow real mature," he comments with a smile, standing up again.

I imitate his signature blank face, snapping my fingers like he sometimes does. He grins and pushes me away playfully, a frown suddenly appearing on his face. "Hey, what are we going to do now? We mind as well walk to keep ourselves warm."

"Well we followed the river to get here, maybe we should use it to go back," I say, pondering over our options. "We need to reach Rogue as soon as possible and Ace's soldiers are patrolling these borders quite often, so we can maybe catch a ride with them."

"How do you know they won't kill us?"

"Once we tell them who you are they won't. Besides, they would imprison us either way."

"Smart," Harry mumbles, smiling at me. "Maybe we shouldn't go back on the road, I'm sure those Vortex soldiers are still there. I have an idea on how to follow the road without actually walking on it. Follow my lead my lady." He bows playfully.

"Well then, lead the way, kind sir." I smile.

. . . .

"Are we there yet?"

"Not yet."

"Come on, it's night."

"You're very observant, Harry."

"Not a single soul in sight. No humans, no houses, no food. Nada."

"Once again, an excellent observation."

"Are you sure this is the way to the closest village?" Harry asks for what it seems to be the hundredth time.

"Yes, I have this part of the map memorised, we should be there soon," I repeat, letting out a tired sigh.

"Your nerd skills weren't that useful when you said soldiers are patrolling these areas often because, newsflash, we've been walking for hours and-"

"Stop complaining, it's not like I'm enjoying this. I'd actually kill for some cake right now."

"Well why don't you ask the soldiers patrolling around these areas often- oh wait, that's right! You can't because they're not."

"I thought my brother is the ultimate drama queen, but here you are."

He's silent for a few seconds. "Are we there yet?"

"Yes!"

"Really?"

"No."

After another, at least, half an hour of pointless bickering, we reach a village I knew would be here. Since I once had to be a leader, I had to learn all about each army and their territory since being an army leader means knowing how to strategically plan the attacks. Who knew I would be using my knowledge for something like this one day.