Not Real

Word count: 2436

Sorry this is kinda late my alarm didn't go off. I also cried writing this chapter too so

Warning: Spoilers for season 12

-------------------------------------------------------

JEMMA

I open my eyes, and immediately wish I hadn't. A pounding headache splits through my skull. I've been sick for the past two days, and I'm not getting any better. It's the flu. My bedroom door creaks open slowly. "Hey, Sunshine," Dad says quietly. "You feeling any better?"

I shake my head. "No," I croak.

"I'm sorry, Pumpkin. Is there anything I can get you?"

"Will you get me a cold washcloth?"

"Sure thing." Dad comes back a minute later with a washcloth in his hands. "Here you go, Sunshine."

"Thanks, Dad."

"Good morning," a voice says from the door. Mary stands there, a mug of something in her hand.

"Morning, Mom."

"Hi," I say shyly. Mary came back from her break a week ago, and, not going to lie, she makes me nervous. Dad gives me a weird look before turning to Mary.

"Need something?"

"Just checking to see how Jemma's doing."

"I'm doing better."

Dad gives me another weird look. "Anyway. Jemma, me and Sam and your—grandmother have to go on a hunt. Cas is God knows where, so you have to come with us."

"What?"

"I can't leave you here alone, and—"

"I'll stay back," Mary cuts in.

"Mom, you don't have to—"

"Dean, she's too sick. I'll stay back and watch her."

Dad looks between me and Mary. "Okay."

"Okay. I'm going to go get some breakfast." Mary turns and heads toward the kitchen. Dad turns his focus to me.

"Why do you act so weird around her?" he asks.

"I don't," I rasp.

"You do."

"I just want her to like me," I say quietly.

"Jemma." Dad crouches down beside my bed. "She does like you. She loves you. You don't have to worry about it, okay?"

"Okay."

"I'll call every night. Just take it easy and get some rest." Dad kisses my forehead. "Love you."

"Love you too."

DEAN

I close Jemma's door, and almost run into my mother. "Why does she act so weird around me?" she asks.

"Mom, it's not your fault. She just wants you to like her."

"I do like her. I love her."