xxii. | Be My Mistake

(Beau's Outfit)

(Beau's Outfit)

chapter twenty two; a turning point
B E A U

"Uh, five, six, seven, eight." Mr. Shue counted down as all of the glee club kids and the football players were in the auditorium learning how to actually dance like a zombie.

"Time out. Time out. Time out." Mr. Shue said since we were absolutely going nowhere with the choreography. "Hey. Hey. Knock it off!" Coach Beiste shouted as Dave was about to get into it with one of our teammates.

"Okay, guys. It's good, but let's...put a little life into it." Mr. Shue stated. "But we're dead." Dave responded. "Then put some afterlife into it. Get out of your heads and get into your characters, alright?" Mr. Shue responded.

The music started to play again and we immediately went back to dancing. "Very creative. I like that. Five, six, seven, eight." Mr. Shue counted down. Before both the New Directions and the football team started to dance the choreography that we learned.

"All right! Nice progress, guys. Now let's take a breather, and I'll see you in the choir room in five minutes, for a lesson in zombie makeup." Mr. Shue smiled. "Makeup?!? No, no, no, no, no, no, no." Azimo replied seriously.

"Yes, yes, yes, yes." Coach Beiste said as we all started walking towards the exit.

>>>

As I was walking down the hallway, I saw Quinn and Finn talking at the end of the hallway. It looked liked he was yelling at her. I immediately headed down the hallway.

As I got closer, I heard a little bit of what they were talking about.

"Oh, you are so naive. This whole school is about labels." Quinn stated. "Wow. I never realized you were so freakin' weak." Finn told her rudely.

"What did you just say?" I asked my brother as I walked up to them. "All the Cheerios quit glee club." He informed me. "So why are you yelling at my girlfriend about it?" I asked angrily.

"I'm yelling at her because I'm the leader of this team." Finn answered. "Well, maybe it's time for a change at the top." I told him bluntly. "What's that supposed to mean?" Finn questioned.

"This is kind of hot, actually." Quinn said randomly and both Finn and I looked at her confusedly. "It means that maybe the reason everyone hates us is because we need some new leadership." I told him.

"Face it, you've had your feet in both worlds for a year and never been able to bring them together. Maybe someone else could." I continued.

"What, as in maybe you?" Finn questioned. "As in yes." I answered. "Well, maybe we should settle this right now." Finn stated as he pushed me. "Bring it." I responded as I pushed him back.

"Brung." He replied as he pushed me.
"Want some more of that?" I asked as I pushed him harder. "Huh? Yeah." Finn said as he pushed me harder.

"You like that?" I said annoyedly as I pushed him so hard he was stepping back so he wouldn't fall. "Really, guys? Really." Quinn said with an unimpressed look.