xliv. | Be My Mistake

(Beau's Outfit)

(Beau's Outfit)

chapter forty four; opening night
B E A U

"Hey." Artie said as he, coach Beiste, Rachel, Blaine, and Ms. Pillsbury walked up to my locker. "Hey...guys. What's up?" I asked them hesitantly. I looked over at Blaine worriedly. He looks like he's going through hell and back.

"How would you like to be the lead for the musical?" Artie smiled. "I beg your pardon? Wasn't Blaine casted as Tony?" I asked them confusedly. "I was." Blaine replied and I nearly jumped back once I heard how hoarse his voice sounded.

"I got diagnosed with a mild case of tonsillitis so, I'll be missing the show since it takes three to four days for me to properly heal." He explained and my eyes widened as I cautiously took a step back.

"Who's going to replace me?" I asked them curiously. "Don't worry about that, we already have it covered. So, will you be the lead?" Coach Beiste asked. "I'd love to." I smiled.

"If you need any questions feel free to text me." Blaine smiled. "I'm looking forward to working together again. Our previous partnership was short lived due to numerous controversies." Rachel smiled.

After we said our goodbyes to Blaine, Artie, Rachel, and I heads over to the choir room to make the announcement about the new changes.

"Beau and Rachel, please join me in the center as I make this announcement." Artie said as he wheeled to the center of the choir room. "As you all may or may not know, Blaine is currently out with tonsillitis." Artie announced.

"You may be wondering, who will cover for him in the musical. It's my honor to announce that Beau will play the roll of Tony for the duration of the show." Artie announced as Rachel clapped enthusiastically.

I looked over at Quinn and she had a look of surprise on her face. No matter how hard I tried to talk Quinn out of regaining custody of Beth, I have to be ready for the outcome of her decision.

Hopefully what I said to her about my mother stuck with her but, if it comes down to it and she decides to regain custody of her, I'll just become the father that she needed. Hell, I'll become the father I needed.

>>>

{Rachel}
Tonight, tonight
It all began tonight
I saw you
and the world went away

Tonight, tonight,
there's only you tonight
What you are, what you do,
what you say

{Beau}
Today, all day I had the feeling
A miracle would happen
I know now I was right